• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shore Fishing

GunDr

My wife will be biking around the lake on Saturday....for whatever the tour the lake is really called.

So I've got a couple of hours to kill. As much as I would like to bring my boat, there won't be enough time.

Are there any places someone can fish from shore, or docks and piers?

Bike around the lake? Thats like the tour de france or something.

If you have a little more than 4 hours and I think you will you can hop on a launch boat for about $30. I think you'd have much better luck. I think some of the resorts have longer peirs. If I'm not mistaken I beleive Paul has mentioned that Appledorns has one.

Good luck and have fun.

Jim

Going around Mille lacs, that's 80 miles of shoreline. You'll definetally have 4 hours to yourself. Make it enjoyable, don't bring any fishing gear, and treat yourself to a nice launch. We'll call it exercise.

Appeldoorns does have along dock but last I checked it was still pretty sandy around there.

I haven't been there in awhile, but I'm pretty sure there's a fishing pier in father hennepin state park. There might be 2 different ones?

Any resort with a cove is cool. I would fish the opening to main lake. When I was a kid, Izaties was a good spot. The mouth of the rum was a good spot also.

Appledorn's, sunset bay looks to be very shallow. I used to fish off dock at night for walleys. Caught a few when hatch was strong. During day I have only seen a couple of bass and one muskey.

Another spot from shore was Malone Island. During spring and fall, it is packed. During summer or now, it would be the first stop from shore for sure.

Good luck!

I dont think shore fishing on Mille Lacs is very productive, unless you want perch. Ive never heard of anyone catching walleyes from shore on Mille Lacs..

Shore fishing for walleyes is very productive. Time of year, weather conditions and technique are key. This is latest story I have read about shore fishing on Mille Laces. It was posted by Cranker and gives you a good idea. I, my self would perfer a boat, but when I was young I had no boat. We did find fish though. Good luck! Crankers Report from Opener!

I've personally caught eyes from shore on the pond. Never under estimate that lake cause it's bound to prove you wrong. blush.gifshocked.gifwink.gif