Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

ec30_06

I am looking for some new spots to bowfish this weekend. Just wondering if anyone is seeing many carp(or any other roughfish)

love2fish4ever

I was on Frances on Thursday & saw quite a few. In the southwest end of the lake about 5' from shore I saw 8 of them schooled up ranged from maybe 5 lbs.-10lbs. LOTS in the isolated pocket in the bay on the north side too.(Hope you have a good strong trolling motor! Lots of weeds/pads.

Good Luck!! L2f

MilkandPie

Albert Lea: Fountain Lake & Albert Lea Lakes have monster carp.

ec30_06

Thanks for the reports! Well enough typing time to go wack em' grin.gif

SneakAttack

Was out on Fox today and there was some monster carp movin' in the swallows, managed to shoot 2 buffaloes and 2 carp, of course i missed alot but had good action before the winds kick up. All fish shot were 4-5 lbs but some of the carp i saw had to be pushin' 20-30 lbs

love2fish4ever

Could you imagine our lakes having those numbers & sizes of walleyes, bass & northerns as we do carp? tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

ok, back to reality. smirk.gif

L2f

ec30_06

Just got back from fox. Between the clouds, wind, and rain bowfishing was impossible. I did see some carp take from the shallows, so they where there.

SneakAttack

Checked out some Cannon River spots today and the water is really dirty, making bow-fishing tough. I hit a small creek around Northfield and shot 5 carp, 2-3lbs before it got cloudy.

love2fish4ever

I think if you'd try Frances, you'd get quite a few. I could narrow down the spot if you would like. Are you familiar with Frances? There isn't much wind tomorrow & it will be out of the N.W., (all the better) should be a good day for it. cool.gif

L2f

SneakAttack

Thats a little bit far out of my area but thank you for the help. I mostly go from shore after work locally(Farmington)for a couple hours and then hit the area lakes in the boat on the weekends. Thanks

ec30_06

I have been thinking about trying down by Frances, Rays, Tetonka, or Elysian. Maybe this weekend