Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TroutSmoker

green or chisago/s.lindstrom????

10 posts in this topic

im new to fishing the chisago lakes area.I have fished chisago in the winter,but only for crappie.I dont need the tips on how to catch em'. I am just asking for your guys advice on which lake to go to for the eye's, and maybe a couple of starting points on the lake, any advice would be greatly appreciated, as i am going there tomorrow morning....thanx in advance.

First off... Green in myopinion is probably the better walleye lake. However it does have a slot and if we are being honest.. you will probably not catch many fish that are keepers.. but you will stay busy... Chisago has some walleye in it..but not as many. The size might be a little nicer, but you willnot catch as many. In any lake.. I would look to the weed edges right now.

thanks alot dietz, i aprreciate the info. is green b4 or after chisago?????

depends which way you are coming from, coming from lindstrom it is after, coming from forest lake it is before

Yeppers.. as Dan says.. it all depends from which way you are coming... Green lake is to the west of Chisago.

Deitz - is there more than one access on Green? The one on the East side of the lake was pretty shallow a month ago, and I was wondering if there's a deeper one to put in at?

There is an access on little green that is connected to Big green and that access is nice and deep. I know how to get there but can't name the roads for you. i think it is off of green lake ave which parralels Old Towne Road about two blocks to the west. I just put my Crestliner 1850 Sportfish into Green on Tuesday using the Launch you are talking about with no problems. I had to use the east side of the lauch as it is deeper on that side but I had no problem. a month ago I was not able to launch and had to use the little green access.

So the rain has brought it up a bit, then? Cool... I think I know how to get to that access on Little Green now that you mention it. I believe I used it once a couple years ago to get on for ice fishing.

Thanks for the update... cool.gif

as stated there is an access on little green.. the one on the south side of the lake that has the 2 ramps, if looking at thelake the ramp on the left is quite a bit deeper than the ramp on the right. So if you have a boat that needs a little more depth to get off the trailer, use the east/left one.

Slick, I don't think the rain has brought it up, but the access you are talking about has two ramps. When you are ready to launch, when you look out at the lake from the ramps, use the one on the right, it is about 2 feet deeper than the one on the left. I had the truck all the way in the water and still had to roll the boat off the trailer on the left ramp, but the right ramp just put the back tires of the truck in and you are good to go.

Tom