• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake superior Fm Get together

Kent - Keep yourself in good shape. We'll be thinking 'bout ya on the water and at the "Q"...

There's plenty of other days for ya to get out!

Get well bud!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Linderholm

• Northlander

• Papa Woodie

• SKIPPERS KID

Really bummed about this bro! Take care of yourself and get better!!!

With Quick out, and Shiner is going to unable to make it. Looks like I have a seat open in the Ballz Draggin`

Kent take care of yourself man. Dont worry you will get out plenty this year. Just get well so you dont wind up back in again.

Cheffrey how many do ya have in the balls draggin now? Call me.

Hey Kent I hope you feel better soon.

And I still have room in my boat also.

3 at this point including myself. 1 more would be nice, 2 in a pinch.

Quick

I have been in your shoes at least a half dozen time in my lifetime,,,its nothing to play with ,,take your meds get your rest and get better ,,,did they put you on "zithromax??? if so you will be feeling better in no time

Get well soon Pal

Randoid

Get well soon Kent, not only so you can fish, but so you can come back to work too! Unfortunetly I am out as well....to much going on at work..............till next time.

Yep, I was able to clear the morning and get a sitter. The Never enuff will be out and about with Casaloma, wydlewal and myself. Not sure I want to beach the boat though.

Casaloma, bring some good luck with ya man. My Bite just went dead today. Worst day till today was 6 fish. Trolled 4 hours and couldn't get a release today. Surface temps were in the mid 60's. Did get the boat checked and coast guard approved anyway. See ya Sunday

I might be out with a future-fm'er if he can get out of work but if he can't make it I'll be in need of a ride. If there's room for a late entry and room with cheffrey, elevatorguy, or anyone else I have the day open. I've got gear if needed too. It'd be great to make it out on the lake again but my 14' alumaraft (lund) won't cut it. If my guy falls through i'd appreciate the chance to put some fish in one of your boats. Thanks.

Hey Cheffrey, my status is upgraded to questionable/probable for the trip tommorrow, I am feeling a million times better today after getting some anti-biotics in me and am going to give work a try this evening, if everything goes smoothly, i'll be down for tommorrow, or at least I'll show up to BBQ. give me a call later tonight.

Kent dont rush it. I know people that have fealt better and went back to normal and wound up back in the hospital a few days later. Relax man the fish will be there for ya later.

Oh man I sounded like my mom on that one. Can you tel I turned 40 last year? grin.gif

Quick, listen to northlander, the drugs make you feel better but it's kind of a coverup untill your body can fight it off.

We'll (loonasea & friend) be at loonsfoot 5:30 or before.

It would be nice to see someone else there at that time to share some info. What time is everyone launching? I am not going to make the BBQ (time)but loonasea will if he can still get a ride.I'll be watching the weather as it might not be real nice,and I am not a gambler. But I'll still show up in the am.

Thanks for the concern guys, i really appreciatte it, i went back in today and got the ok to return to work as long as I feel up to it. I've had a lot of medical issues over the years and I know my own body well. Don' worry, I wouldn't do anything I felt wasn't in the best interest of mine or anyone else's health.

Quick, just don't pull this crap for algoma! Get better quick. If anyone needs rides I can take care of it. I will head to the Loonsfoot dock at noon for anyone just coming to the BBQ. Look for a Black Crestliner Sabre with a VMAX on the back.

I'am planning on launching at loons foot at 5am. I've seen east winds at 18mph with 60% chance of t-storms for tomorrow. Tell me I saw wrong crazy.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Quick, take care of that lung.

Late Afternoon: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a high near 78. West wind around 5 mph.

Tonight: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1am. Areas of fog after 1am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 56. West wind around 5 mph becoming east.

Sunday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Areas of fog before 1pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a high near 70. East wind 10 to 20 mph becoming south. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.

Sunday Night: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 61. South wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Might be a quick morning trip as in stick your nose out then turn around. frown.gif

See was flat and hot today. A few hiccups with equipment to start the day but managed a couple hours of fishing. Temps from the point to the pump 62-59.

Top was dead, L'trout were 60'-bottom, in 100-120' of water. Surface temp break (47 degrees)by Mcquade.

Thought trying to jump in at the last minute was gonna work out for me and sounds like there's a seat or two but lady luck called me today and apparently I have to go to a gard party for a relative in the cities. So unfortunately I'm out. Hope you guys get good weather and fish. Have fun!

Yo Frank, the boat's at my dads ready to go, all dialed in. Spent the whole stinkin' day getting her ready. We will be at RP at 4:30am. Tell Jr. Nate is looking forward to seeing him. Man I hope the winds are kind to us all. Skippers Kid, I am marinating those snow goose breats I promised you a looooong time ago. We will grill them tomorrow, even if we can't get out tongue.gif So to all FM'ers going in the morning, get some shut eye & see ya in the am. BC

Thanks we will be there at 4:30 as well I will be out with frank got some stuff to bring as well. I will see you all at lunch and good fishing to all lets keep every one posted on the Big Bite. See you in the am smirk.gif.;

Humm, 2am. Got off bar early due to Grandmas tents in canal park taking to much business, i finally get time to get ready for the big event.

1. I will be launching off loonsfoot (if i can find it, never launched there before)

2. I will be on the water by 430am. Off to 130 feet off the amnicon on the WI/MN line.

3. got to clean my lake trout from yesterday. (caught two).

4. Pack lunch. Ohh ya. I got the grandfather grill for us to use. She has some darn nice grilling area on 'er.

5. See ya all on the water...and at the BBQ at noon! I will be on 16 on teh marine band....hopefully with a cooler full of trout/salmon!~

Keep in touch all, and see ya real soon!

Between the weather and my on-call phone that keeps rining, I doubt I'll make it down for the Q but want to wish all of you luck fishing and hoping the waves stay down at least till noon.

BTW, Happy Fathers day to you all.

Well, got on the water a little after 6am this morning. The wind was certainly not in our favor. Ended up pushing around till a little after 10am when the lightning, wind and rain came. We caught 1 laker, which we had Muskie Searcher reel in. Congrats Ben on your first Lake Superior Laker. Otherwise Jar Jar had a couple tussles on the Leadcore with no results.

All in all it was a good day, with good conversation.

Next we should do a islands trip?

Somebody else pick the date, someone with good luck as it pertains to weather.

Went out with elevator guy (Marshall) and another friend of mine. The wind, rain, and lighting did kick us off as well around 10am too. Manage 2 lakers and a Chinook! Slow pretty much all around from everyone I talked to. Later.

Ya the old mother nature wasnt to kind to us.

Biggest disapointment of the day was finding a 31.5" walleye carcass in the dumpster at Loonsfoot that some fool decided to carve up, poorly at that. Why in the world would somebody keep a trophy walleye like that and then kill it and fillet it out? crazy.gif

If the guy who did this is reading this I hope those fillets were dang good. Congrats on a nice fish. confused.gif

Cheffrey you pick the next date and the inland lake we hit. Hope mother nature likes you better than me.

I think each strike of lightning today came every time that guys fillet knife cut on that 31.5" trophy walleye. frown.gif

Ya Im a bit upset over this a teeny weeny bit.

Yeah Steve, I figured I would let you take that one. There was easily a pound of meat left on that fish.

I'm bad at dates, 2 years ago I chose and, well, we didn't get out.

We pulled into Loons Foot at 5am and the flags stood up and started kicking out of the east. We knew our time was going to be limited. We ran out and got set up and I hung our good luck skunk and I told Casaloma we should have a bite any time and the rod down the chute doubled over but as cas grabbed it came off. He then preceded to lose a fish on the rigger and a board line before he finally got one into the boat wink.gif Finally the waves and weather got to a point where we decided to call it quits. We did go 3 for 6 with 2 walleyes and a little laker. We had a good time fishing and talking with other Fmers at the launch. Lets try it again soon. Heres a pic of one of gregs walleyes. Its with a camera phone.

gregfishing2.jpg

Nice photo Randy, I now right where you where thanks for the up date. Great job on the fish. I hope for better weather on the next one we should do it soon cool.gif.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Same scenario out of the Duluth Entry and up the shore. Strong NE winds with building waves. We got the boat loaded minutes before the rain and thunder. On the way home we drove though the worst storm I've seen in a long time.

We've talked about an Island lake get together. Maybe get an island campsite for the weekend or set something up at UNS.

Cheffery

Your reference to "Islands trip",,,,would that be Apostle Islands???I would be game for that

Randoid