• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake superior Fm Get together

Well are we up to it this year?? I would like to see it again this year you pick the Day and we can make a day of fun on the big lake grin.gif. Who is in and who will pick the Day smirk.gif, I will help set it up frank are you in or out shocked.gif. Let me now soon grin.gif.. I will go with the first person to ask me to go with them smile.gif. Lets have some fun smirk.gif.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Linderholm

• Northlander

• Papa Woodie

• SKIPPERS KID

If this happens, I wouldn't mind to climb in with someone and give it a shot. A couple years ago there was a get together in April and I was in Lota lota's boat. We come out of the WI entry with 5 to 6 footers rolling in from the East. I believe Scott called it green water? I don't know about that, but I was very much on the nervous side to say the least. Lota made the call to head in and we went up to Two Harbors and trolled around the harbor and I put a coho in the box. Still a neat experience, minus those big waves.

Brian

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Pick a date,,,soon.

I am in if someone has room for a fat man in a little life vest.

Frank you are up to late pick a date :smirk. I am in lets go get them boy's.

I am in also. As long as it isn't next weekend or the last weekend in june. I hope we can get it going again this year. I had a blast last year.

The 16th is out for me, but otherwise I am in. I am hoping I can get on board a bigger boat with one of you "experts" this year.

Skipperskid whats up with your boat this year? Is it going to see water?

Getting the floor and gas lines done. With it raining and bad weather it has been a long time going and slow.

Can somebody enlighten us new Fm'ers what and where the "get together" is?

Copman, Welcome to the site, FM Get Together is where we all here get together for a day now and then and share in a day of fishing on the same water. We always grill after fishing and meet knew names and faces it is a lot of fun. Some of us here have made new best friends and fishing buddies smile.gif.

I agree, get togethers are always a lot of fun. Hopefully if we get a big lake get together planned, the weather and the bite cooperates a little better than the previous two years!

Quote:

I am in also. As long as it isn't next weekend or the last weekend in june. I hope we can get it going again this year. I had a blast last year.

Marshall, we think we have spotted summer working at the Superior Walmart. I can stop by and see if she wants to be your rider for the day. crazy.gif

Count me in. When do we want to do this?

I'm up for this if I can find a seat in some ones boat ,,the only bad date for me is June 23rd

Randoid

Thanks Skippers Kid,

Sounds like a great time and good way to meet some new people...being new to the "big lake fishing" i need all the help I can get...I would definately venture north for the event.

Thanks Again, Tom

Well it looks like we all would like to go so I hope some one would pick the day shocked.gif. I can say any weekend for me would work fuel lines need to get done yet on my boat so I could jump in with some one if you need help one the big lake or if some one has room. So on that note let's set the date smile.gif.

Skipper's Kid,

Assuming the date works out, and you know the lake and the secrets to catching them you can jump in with me - I need to learn more about this big lake fishing. Although I did boat my first coho sunday morning! I'll be taking off from the bay down parkpoint.

Do we want to avoid the Marathon weekend, which is June 16 or maybe it does not matter????

23rd or 30th. Well, 30th is a moving day for me into my new place (and probably other college kids as leases start around that time)....

I vote 23rd.

Tom - you think its a Meat - Spoon - or top-water time around that date?

More than likely it will be a spoon bite and it wont be top water unless something drastically changes. But that all depends on what the fish want and weather leading up to that point that determine the favorite baits. I might be able to make it this year! Standing by to see the date.

Been awhile for ya Joel? I'm sure it will be a good turnout again! Fishing has been pretty decent the last few weeks... I'll be out again this weekend (see my other post about LS this weekend...)

Would somebody please pick a Sunday? Us hospitality guys have a tough time in the Summer.

I say this Sunday while my bite is still hot. LOL.

I dont care when it is guys.

Ok Ill set a date then. SUNDAY June 17th. Ok there it is.

Hopefully some guys can make it for this one.

The bite is going good out on the cheesey side lately. I got around 12 fish today out by myself. The walleye bite on the river is getting frustrating so I hit the lake. It was flat as can be til about 1pm when I headed in.

Some eyes, 4 lakers, a couple kings and a couple ho ho's. Lots of fun for goin it alone.

To Northlander and all my fine freinds to the north. I got married on may 19th of this year. I married a very very fine looking snowbunnie grin.gif I would love to join the gettogether but I got a Dj show that afternoon.Sometime later this year I and my fine mrs little perch will come up that way.You all take care on the water and be safe on the roads to.Good lucK to all Little Perch 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Good to see you back lil perch.

Sunday the 17th works for me. Now pick a free and friendly landing. The action should still be on this end and Rice's Point or Park Point would work. If theings move up the shore then the McQuad access.

Bring grillables and a side dish.

So this will a Father's Day event. I think all the wives and girlfriends should all understand grin.gif

I'm in!!

Jar Jar