Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bearfan1963

Almost time

2 posts in this topic

In one week I will be heading to Kab for a week of bliss. Anybody getting back before the 8th, would appreciated fishing reports. Bringing my nephew who lost his father in an accident two years ago, and hasn't fished since, finally got him to come with the wife and I and hope to make this a great memory. Thanks in advance.

I will also be heading up next Saturday so any reports and how, when. what, and where would help out alot. This is our 3rd year and I have yet to catch any good numbers of eyes on Kab. Hopefully this year we will have some good intel to use. Thanks

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• monstermoose78
      I will check
    • monstermoose78
    • eyeguy 54
      fun time today  2 beasts still swimmin to get bigger
    • biff
      The quality of walleye on fish has really amped up since the slot. I would put it up there with the St. Louis River now as far as local waters that produce quality walleye. Sometimes it's hard to catch an eye under 17"...its kinda the opposite of Island Lake. I wish the protected slot was a little longer as I don't see many over 26".
    • JBMasterAngler
      I never got a chance to get down to Superior in the morning to fish from shore, as it was always a little too rough every day. I did get up early enough to make it to the devil track river, finally for the first time. Was nice to check it out, although my time was short. Caught 1 little rainbow, and lost 6!    Also checked out the Poplar River for the first time, off the caribou trail, at the campgrounds. Only fished it for a little bit, but caught 2 brook trout, one of which was about 12 inches. River was surprisingly deep, was wading in waste deep water.    My dad and my son are still up there. But they haven't really been able to fish due to the rain on Saturday and Sunday. If it was nice today, they were going to go back to Greenwood Lake. Otherwise, if the weather was bad, they were coming home a day early. Haven't heard from them yet, so hopefully they were able to get out.
    • portageguy
      Yes just north of Cook.  They are open 7 days 8:00-4:30. Y-store is open 5am - midnight.  
    • curt quesnell
      Wind was howling when we left the dock this morning and I was pretty shook up about it. A nice steady bite with decent fish made the day a real pleasure.   Good news going into the big weekend, the fish are biting.
    • Fish Head
      Is it the LaCroix Ranger Station where you pick up the permits now?
    • ozzie
      not something I consider when eating as I don't eat fish weekly.  I feed them to my kids and my wife ate it while pregnant.  Not sure if there really is a concern or not but the basic guidelines are out there more for kids and pregnant women.  Unless you are eating fish daily or every other day then I don't think you need to worry a whole bunch.  Heck if you die because of mercury poisoning from eating too many fish, well at least you had one hell of a time before you died! HAHAHA   A few years back a local lake close to the metro started producing a lot of crappies and people drove all over to fish.  A lot of fish were taken and eaten.  The lake had been traditionally known as a dumping pond for farm runoff and other things like that...I ate a limit or 2 from said lake and never had issues with anything and the fish tasted like they should.  Point being that unless they say "DON'T EAT FISH FROM THIS LAKE" just follow the state guidelines for your kids and prego wife but other than that enjoy a meal or 2 a week if you are lucky to catch enough!!  Good Luck- Ozzie
    • delcecchi
      I think day use motor or camping requires a permit, not self service.