Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deep_Sinker

Camping sites

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of any nice campgrounds with tent sites on a lake with access to the Whitefish chain or Gull Lake? I'm trying to plan a weekend of boating/lounging/playing in the area mid-July and want to be able to cruise around, stop and have a meal/drink, etc.

Thanks Brittman! Do you know if you can leave your boat in the water overnight here or if they have campsites on the water? How about a swim beach?

The federal campground in crosslake is nice. But might be booked up. They have lake access and great beach. The Gull lake campground is nice but I think you have to trailer your boat. Leech and Cass lake have some excellent Federal campgrounds if you want to go a little further.

Thanks for the info...I will be looking into both of these.

Deep Sinker, Yes you can leave your boat in the water at the Gull Camp ground. Most people tie up rite above the damb at the canoe portage. As for a beach, they gots a real nice sand beach and grills and tables rite there for lunch.

Any other camp sites around? Both the Gull Lake and the Cross Lake sites are full. I am looking for the second weekend in July...

I am pretty sure that the crosslake(army corp. of engineer campground has a first come first serve basis on many of there tenting sites. I have camped there this way many of times. As long as you don't get up there at 10pm friday night you should be fine. Great place to camp!! Good Luck!

The Army corps site in crosslake does have some they have to leave for 1st come 1st serve. But it does leave open the possibility that you may be SOL. I have done this many times before and never had a problem but I usually go early Friday to make sure I am OK. Good Luck!