Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drake

Crappies

4 posts in this topic

Pretty nice day out so we had folks that headed to Upper Red today and they found the crappies to be biting today. Limits were reeled in this morning, and had another group that got into them this afternoon (between 1 and 2, then a slow down until 3 when they finished their limits), and heard from some other guests around 8pm who were also finishing off their limits. Best fishing for crappies today has been in 4-5 feet of water, slip bobber fishing with a jig tipped with a shiner. Pretty encouraging day!

Fished South shore rocks today west of Morts and had a limit real quick. 5', plain hook & minnow did the trick. Got quite a few eyes also pullin' #5 shad rap on the outside edges of the rocks 8' to 10'. A very good day to be on the pond. I bet the guys who fished the east shore got a hair damp this afternoon wink.gif.

later,

toddb

Thanks for the report!

Glad crappies still going if you're in the spot--

I was up on the big lake last week/weekend and we did really good on the crappies and the walleyes. Our best luck on the crappies was with a jig and bobber tipped with a minnow on any little hump you could find. We were east of Rogers just go until you find a hump and if you pull something off of it stay if not move to find another hump. Once we found a hump holding fish we tied down on it and pulled the crappies in one after another. Good size on all of them. It was a blast. We were sitting in about 4 ft of water.