Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
koWALLEYEski

Public Hunting Areas near Mankato?

10 posts in this topic

I am going to school in Mankato next fall, just wondering if anyone knows of any good public hunting areas near there to bow hunt whitetail.....thanks

I would check out some of the open hunting on the State land along the Minnesota river.

I know the river runs by New Ulm and I saw some prime hunting land.....is there any closer to Mankato than new ulm?

There is a sizeable chunk south of nicollet.

You can go to the DNR Website and find all the public land you want in the Mankato area.

For about $6.00 you could get a PRIM map from the DNR,it shows all hunting areas +.

There is also the New Ulm in city hunt. You need to sign up and take a proficiency test before the season begins.

Come to think of it, I think Mankato had one the past couple of years as well. If Mankato/New Ulm are doing in City hunts they should be in the DNR regs. I know the one in New Ulm always has been.

Quote:

Come to think of it, I think Mankato had one the past couple of years as well. If Mankato/New Ulm are doing in City hunts they should be in the DNR regs. I know the one in New Ulm always has been.

Mankato will have one this year. It'll be in the regs book, which is available around August 1st.

There are a bunch of areas. Get a map and start going from there. In your exploring the publics and you see something you would like to hunt, I would stop and ask for permission. I don't think too many people are going to turn you down. It isn't like deer are short in numbers around Mankato.