• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Twin and Sylvia DNR

I heard that the DNR was thinking of putting a slot limit on bass on Twin and Sylvia. I myself don’t ever keep bass but do fishing some tournaments on this lake. It’s no lie that this lake has a lot of bass in it, but everyone also knows that there isn’t a lot of big fish in the lake. cool.gif

I really think this will help the lake get some bigger fish in it and also keep the tournaments off it so the fish can grow. I really enjoy this lake because of how clear the water is and as a young kid I learn a lot about bass fishing on this lake. What does everyone else think about this???? tongue.gif

I think that a slot limit on bass would only help the lake. There sure is a lot of little ones in there and i would love to see those fish grow to be nice sized. My buddy has a cabin on the lake, so i get to fish it once in a while and i love the clear water!

I can't agree more. I would have to say that i would love to see it on that lake. Reason that i say this, is becuase the lake itself is very populated with alot of bass. The problem that we have on this lake is that its hard to get alot of big fish.

I have fished this lake for a very long long time, and i do know the lake well, becuase of the cabin that we have on the lake. Fact of the matter is, any guy can go out and caught tons a fish all day long, but size is the biggest thing.

The population of the fish will still climb, but the size of the fish will be alot better!!

Another lake for C&R would be great for the state's bass fishing reputation. To add, I was out on Sylvia and Twin on Tuesday 5/29 and caught ~50 bass beetween spinnerbaiting and drop shots. However, 40 must of been between 10-16 inches, and the remaining 10 being 17-18. Fun day off with plenty of action, but man, this lake might need some different management.

I think the other factor with this lake is that, not only is it clear, but it's deep and the fish take longer to grow. I'm not a bass fisherman at all, but if it helps the lake out, sounds fine by me.

as a kid until i was 14 in 74 i spent most of my summer on this lake my grandma had a cabin on the east side of sylvia. on a good day you can see bottom of the lake in 30 fow. there used to be alot of nice sized fish in it. but i think like most lakes it kinda got over fished. i recall some of the dnr netting reports in the early 80s. and seem to remember a couple of state record fish being netted and released. now it seems to have to become more of a recreational lake. but if you go mid week, there is very little traffic. and some of the fishing can be real good if you look for them. ... paul

nytelyter, when were you there last? I fished it 2 weeks ago, I could feel safer on Minnekonka. The boat traffic is so busy, it's best fished after dark. Plus many of the boaters will drive within 100feet of where your trying to fish.

been about two years since i fished open water mid week there. i still stop by the cabin but have only seen the new owners once. and upon my greeting him about two years ago at about 11am from the neighbors yard was told to be quiet cause his wife was still sleeping. go figger she was missing the best time of day as the sun comes around to meet the shoreline below the cabin. i know that the property values have gone thru the roof as it is truely a gorgeous lake. totally spring fed and all the creeks flow out of the lake. yeah its been a while but i can close my eyes and still bethere. we didnt have jetskis then but we did have a wicked cool old fire escape from the old school where i am from and it went from just out side the cabin door right down to the water. would start the garden hose running down it and slide right down it and into the cool wateri it was a big tube like water parks have now only it was straight. and red. i cant begin to count the trips made running back up the stairs to go down again. mmmmthe hotdogs and hamburgers and sweet corn and sitting on the patio and the.."you haveto wait at least an hour before you go back into the water" thing heheh yup i can still be there. ... paul

Quote:

I heard that the DNR was thinking of putting a slot limit on bass on Twin and Sylvia. I myself don’t ever keep bass but do fishing some tournaments on this lake. It’s no lie that this lake has a lot of bass in it, but everyone also knows that there isn’t a lot of big fish in the lake.
cool.gif

I really think this will help the lake get some bigger fish in it and also keep the tournaments off it so the fish can grow. I really enjoy this lake because of how clear the water is and as a young kid I learn a lot about bass fishing on this lake. What does everyone else think about this????
tongue.gif

Had not heard of that... Interesting. Where exactly did you hea this from anyway??

We're always looking for ways to improve existing fisheries, but there are times when public support is not as good as we would like for special regs....

confused.gif

I ran into a guy who lives on the lake and we started talking about bass fishing and then that came up.

Smallie_Hawgin do you work for the DNR or something??

Anyone been on Twin or Sylvia lately? I willb fishing it for the first time this week. Any advice on access selection or an area for some bass action...I will take all the 10-16 inchers I can find...no monsters needed.

Thanks

I am goin tonight. I'll post up.

That lake needs some help! grin.gif

Dang little bass. Holy crap. We got 25-30 bass in 3 hours. Only 4 over 12 inches. Argh.

Nice to get bites and catch fish, but geez mon.

Got em on cranks, spinnerbaits, senkos, tubes, etc... Didnt matter what we tossed. They are hungry....

Wheres that protected slot limit??? crazy.gif

2 ft to the 20 ft deep weedline

We had our league there last night. Out of 10 boats the biggest bass was 14 inches. I take that back. There was one 17 incher. The remaining fish measured, the biggest was 14 inches. Most were 12 to 12.5 inches that were brought in.

Thats crazy. The nice thing, is that anyone can win it on any giving day on that lake. One big fish in your well, and your golden.