Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBMasterAngler

Big Marine Walleyes

17 posts in this topic

I'm going there pretty much just for pike and bass, but maybe try for walleyes just for sh*ts and giggles. How has the bite been so far this year? What methods/locations have been best for them?

Are there even walleyes in Big Marine? I mean its a pretty big lake but I'm not sure of how deep it is..... I don't think that Lake holds very much walleyes if at all. Mostly a panfish, northern, and bass lake in my opinon but if you can spot and catch eyes in there keep it to yourself.

I know the DNR stocks it quite often, and I have seen small eyes swimming around the boat dock. The lake does get up to about 55 or 60 ft deep. I'm well aware of the great bass and pike fishing...never fished for eyes there before so I thought I'd give it a go.

I was out on Big Marine bass fishing on Sunday. That cold front totally gave the bass lockjaw. Manged a dinky 6 inch bass on a 7 inch senko lol! I saw a bunch of people by the island, probably marking walleyes? I'm a bass, crappie guy.

Well we'll see what happens. I'll give a report on monday.

walleyes = trashfish.....jk

Quote:

Are there even walleyes in Big Marine?

Big Marine

Yep, there are. My bro got a bunch last weekend, but they were small. We got a few biggies a couple years ago, but we haven't tried it hard, so not sure. But they are there, and they get big. Good luck,

I caught a little 10 inch walleye a few years back.

Caught a few that were 27 to 34 inches in there last year. just west of the small island. on a lindy rigs

My fishing partner won our companies fishing contest last year on BM (C&R). A 6.5# walleye put into first.

Well I got a late start to the day on saturday, didn't get on the water 'til past noon. By then you could see the thunderstorm off to the distance, I think that affected the fishing. All I could manage was 2 bass...my fiance caught 2 sunnies. Then the storm blew in and I headed to shore. Don't know how much total rain we got (or hail) but the bottom of my boat was filled. Didn't get a chance to fish for eyes. I'll be out of town all next week, but when I get back I'm coming back here for another crack at it.

Are there any big bass in the lake?? Was out on sunday

fished deep and shallow caught 24 bass biggest was maybe 3lbs. Anyone have a clue where the big ones are???

With the inclement weather the big bass should be holding to structures deep, but then again they could be anywhere...

Oh well. Just thought I'd ask.

last year we pulled an all nighter out there we caught only two small eyes, but i know theres big eyes in there i heard stories out there icefishin from the oldtimers years ago. ive personaly seen a couple caught out there ice fishin

Big Wade and I went out yesterday early. Tried for some eyes around the island and didn't get anything. Started trolling and I got a small bass. We went around the south and west end trolling for Pike. Didn't manage any but Wade got a couple of bigger bass. Not a great outing for fish but it was nice to get to know another FM'er and hopefully go out fishing again. Was a nice day out so always a good time.