Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wicked_1

lakemaster or navonics chip on Kab?

4 posts in this topic

I am looking to get one of the chips for an H2O C but want to buy only one. I fish Kab, mile lacs, and Red

I dont know about the Lakemaster but the new navionics LOTW+2K has newly mapped charts of Kab and LOTW in 1' contours. It also has ML in "high-def" 1' contours, but Red is just the standard DNR map. I believe that Lakemaster has Red in high-def 6" contours this year.

I'd suggest looking at the lakes included in each, especially the surveyed 1' contour lakes, and decide which is best for you. I think that they both run $99. Lakemaster has all of MN covered, where the Navionics has only the northen 1/2 of MN, but also gives you Lake Superior, part of Ontario, and all of North Dakota.

Lots to compare and only you are going to be able to figure out which is the best for you. I chose the Nav, cause i never fish south of ML. Check each site for a full list of lakes on each.

Navionics chip is $150 unless you have a trade in.

The regular Navionics is $150 but the LOTW chip is $99... just an FYI.