Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brittman

Park Rapids Kennels (Dog Boarding)

2 posts in this topic

I would like to board my two Britts in the Park Rapids area from July 1 - 3rd/4th.

Can someone recommend a good clean, well run kennel in the Park Rapids area?

Thanks.

( Note from Admin, Please read forum policy before posting again, Thank-You.)

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• jb426
      Agreed, 25 does seem big for a 12' boat
    • Sculpin
      Make sure you take a couple minutes and look for the rating plate in that boat, if it exists it should be back on or near the transom somewhere. I'd be very careful about hanging a 25 HP motor on a 12 foot boat, as it may not be rated for 25 HP. Some 12's are different than others, more depth, more beam, etc. so the motor ratings can vary. Proceed with caution.
    • Tom Sawyer
      Outstanding Brookie
    • jb426
      25 hp will be plenty for 12 foot boat with any amount of weight added.  I have no pics, sorry.  As stated really easy to do, your buddy should get er done in under three hours.  Don't spend a lot of money on the boat seats, I bought the cheap ones then added a outdoor chair pad for comfort.
    • busse3775
      I was out there on opener as well and caught a lot of small fish. Averaged about 30 walleyes a day but nothing bigger than 17". Last weekend the bite was a lot tougher which I would assume was due to the weather. 
    • Dune27
    • BartmanMN
      Has anyone heard of a giant walleye caught on the Saturday of opener?  Sounds like the boat called the DNR and they rushed right out to take pictures, etc. Not sure if it was close to the record or not, but I heard it was a giant.
    • Surface Tension
      Ha, fixed.
    • HugeHogChaser
        Wow that looks great! What type of wood did you use if you dont mind me asking?
    • fisherjmb
      Was up at Long Point with 5 guys last Thursday PM through Sunday AM. Thursday evening after the wind went down a bit the fishing was great. Ended up getting our limit for the 6 of us that evening. Ate fish that night. Friday and Saturday were slower but still pretty good. A LOT of little ones so we had to sort through them to get some keeper fish. Ended up getting our limits to take home by Saturday afternoon and then the rain started. Very few slot fish, which was a bit of a surprise. Only 4 over 19.5", with 2 at 20, one 22 and the biggest being 25. Jig and a frozen shiner/fathead worked well. No real preference between the two minnows. Jig color didn't seem to matter that much but we had best luck on gold, pink, chartreuse and glow white. Depths we fished were 21-26 feet, pretty much all those depths worked fine. Really fun trip and I look forward to the next one.