• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shorefishing Minneapolis Chain of Lakes

I know this topic is discussed often, but I'd appreciate some up-to-date input. I am planning a trip for Sunday morning and would appreciate any advice on catching fish from shore on any of the Minneapolis chain of lakes. Bass, Northerns, Walleyes. Anything legal is fine with me. Catch-and-release as usual. Email me at Anvalek @ hotmail . com if you don't want to post specific information. Thanks!

check out the lake maps on the dnr's lake finder for the lakes you want to target...... you can find the shorelines with a little depth...... just be mobile if you don't find 'em right away..... walleyes might be tough, but you should find bass and panfish just fine on any of 'em...... harriet's been doing well for me on the south shore-- i like to wade out a little and cast along the weed edge with some form of weedless plastic or the fly rod....

Mac,

I have been fishing the north east side with a lot of success. There are some interesting little spots along that side that no one fishes because you cant park right there. It is worth the walk if you like pan fishing and the bass seem to hang out there too.

I have not had much luck on the south side but maybe I am hitting the wrong spots. I usually go to the little dock by the swimming beach.

Have you had any luck find any Perch? I got one little one about year ago and can’t seem to find them. Same with the Crappies.

i haven't hit any lunkers this year..... just small bass (around a pound) and tons of sunnies (i inevitably go to a small wet fly when i get tired of not catching many bass).... last year i nailed a bunch of big largemouth.... haven't had the same success this year...... i'm gonna break out the float tube one of these days...... no perch and spotty crappy mixed in with the sunnies.....

thanks for the tip on the other side..... i was out this morning and almost stopped there after my sunny bonanza, cuz i thought i remembered some nicer holes over there, but just went home instead..... i'll try it next time with some spinning gear and see how it goes....

i also eyeballed about a 30+ lb. carp finning nearby, but he wasn't interested in my flies.....