• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

what is working on Buffalo?

Sounds like the walleyes are small...how are the bass and northerns doing? I am fishing it for the first time in a few years this evening, any tips?

If you are fishing for bass, they are on the outside milfoil edge at the moment. You can find milfoil on the north, east, and south sides. Good luck!

Thanks, I will give it a shot. I will plan on working plastics or spinnerbaits to cover some ground, any other suggestions.

Plastics or a jig would be good. Don't be afraid to fish with the wind, since I had a more aggressive bite in the wind.

Slug- are you catching Large mouth or Smallies? or both?

Just largemouth at the moment. The smallies were not biting the last time I was out there on my smallie holes. smile.gif

Worked in and around the south milfoil patch last night...boated 2 nice largemouth and lost a really good one at the side of the boat (all the good ones get away). I couldnt belive there was not northerns there.

Nice! Good to hear there's some LM action again out there this year.

Sluggo - were you using jerkbaits, drop-shot, shakey heads or _____ for the smallies? I was shut down on another local smallie lake the day after opener no matter what I used or how finess-ey I went.

Most of the time I get them on a pig-n-jig. However, elsewhere on other lakes/rivers I usually get them on x-raps, the bigger one's or the husky jerks.

I've got Long Lake out by Spicer for Midwest Sportsman Saturday. That will probably be enough punishment for the weekend. smile.gif

Alright... Good Luck... Lets hit the water some time soon!? smile.gif

We will have to get together on a Wednesday or Thursday. My other days are booked up for a while.

Thanks!

I have mondays off just FYI... Drop me a line sometime so we can get out. You still need to show me how to catch fish on your favorite lure!!! We talked about it all the time at Gander?? remember??

I remember, but it's a little early for that. smile.gif I may be able to get out one Monday.

We did as well as to be expected without prefishing it. We didn't have big fish with a five pounder, and only caught four fish. We had 12.6 pounds for our four. I think 20 pounds won it. smile.gif

Sluggomaster, what did you throw the most? I was Green lake, saturday, there was a walleye tourney going also. I fished smallies, had a blast, most on beds. Long lake is a good bass lake, 15yrs ago you could get a limit of walleyes in an hour. I grew-up in New London, my parents now live on Norway lake. Someday I should fish bass tourney there. It is also a great lake for L.M. bass.

I could not get a bite on anything other than a large jig/trailer. It's the same every year. There were 26 boats, which makes that lake fish very small. I hope they take it off the schedule next year, since there is not enough water out there for that many boats. smile.gif