Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MNDeerhunter

Mille Lacs this weekend

11 posts in this topic

All right, I am calling on my board brothers/sisters for a little help/advice. I am leaving on Friday morning for a bachelor party. We are staying at a golf course in Garrison, and I am not all that interested in golfing all weekend like the rest of the bachelor party is. Here is the situation:

Originally we were going to get a launch for Saturday and /or Sunday, so when my brother asked if he could borrow my boat for the weekend, I gave him the green light.

Now I am without a launch and without my boat for the weekend.

So my question is this:

Can anyone recommend a public pier or a someplace that I can kill a bunch of hours doing something that I enjoy that doesn’t involve chasing the little white pill around?

Maybe someone can tell me if I can just hop on a launch with others? Not too sure how that works because I have only been on one launch prior.

Thanks in advance for all the advice and help.

Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can just hop on a launch for $30 for 4 hours. Myr Mar launch caught fish last weekend. Twin Pines, Eddy's, Terry's and on and on are all on the west side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say go with golfing...

The bachelor party trip isn't about the golfing... It's about your buddy getting to spend time with his friends, as he changes hands from one partnership with his man-friends for the new partnership with his wife...

I'd be offended if I was the Groom, and one of my buddy's copped an attitude about golfing so he went off on his own.

My Bachelor Party is a five day fishing up north, chasing Musky and Walleye...

It's the inverse of you situation... Where there are some guys coming with us who have no interest in fishing... But they're coming along because it's about spending some last cherished guy time with me... And they honor that and set aside their own small disinterests for the sake of respect.

I say you should step outside of your comfort zone, go golfing and honor your friend.... Or you should stay home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

I say go with golfing...

The bachelor party trip isn't about the golfing... It's about your buddy getting to spend time with his friends, as he changes hands from one partnership with his man-friends for the new partnership with his wife...

I'd be offended if I was the Groom, and one of my buddy's copped an attitude about golfing so he went off on his own.

My Bachelor Party is a five day fishing up north, chasing Musky and Walleye...

It's the inverse of you situation... Where there are some guys coming with us who have no interest in fishing... But they're coming along because it's about spending some last cherished guy time with me... And they honor that and set aside their own small disinterests for the sake of respect.

I say you should step outside of your comfort zone, go golfing and honor your friend.... Or you should stay home.


The groom to be has no problem with anyone going fishing while the others are golfing. He himself is an avid fisherman, and would like to hit the lake and try to get some fishing in. The only issue that we are having is trying to get all the attendants of the bachelor party to agree on a time to go. This is a pretty open and laid back style bachelor party. A little golfing, some fishing, maybe hit the casino? Who knows?

The other problem is, is that my golf game falls off somewhere around the 1st hole, and only gets worse from there. By the 2nd hole I want to bend the shafts on every club in my bag...yeah, I'm that good. grin.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

The other problem is, is that my golf game falls off somewhere around the 1st hole, and only gets worse from there. By the 2nd hole I want to bend the shafts on every club in my bag...yeah, I'm that good.


The beer cart is there to ease pain and suffering - use it! grin.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear ya about the golf game.........I can't wait till my game improves to "horse-sh@@t. Come to think about it, I can wait because I'd much rather go fishing.. Right Tolly:)(inside joke). Find a launch and enjoy youself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not that easy to catch fish on Mille Lacs.. It is over rated... Everytime I am out, i see so many boats around mine. However, I dont see any of them net much fish, if not any at all. Most of the people out there are not even catching anything. Some do, but they dont catch that many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

It is not that easy to catch fish on Mille Lacs...


maybe for you its tough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

Quote:

The other problem is, is that my golf game falls off somewhere around the 1st hole, and only gets worse from there. By the 2nd hole I want to bend the shafts on every club in my bag...yeah, I'm that good.


The beer cart is there to ease pain and suffering - use it! grin.gif


That's right! The BEER CART! I almost forgot about the silver lining in golf! THE BEER CART!!!! Thanks Federline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

I almost forgot about the silver lining in golf!


And the other one? Golf keeps millions of people away from fishable water, and closer to water TRAPS. grin.gif Hope you survived!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

Quote:

I almost forgot about the silver lining in golf!


And the other one? Golf keeps millions of people away from fishable water, and closer to water TRAPS. grin.gif Hope you survived!


Yep all went well. Got out with a couple of others for about 5 hours and managed around 12 walleyes with 3 in the slot. Had enough for a little fish fry that night. Biggest was 25.5 and the smallest was about 8 inches that I foul hooked.

Those fish looked pretty healthy for fish that got slammed during the week with the PWT stop there.

The weather was on and off, and the wind kept the boat a rockin pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0