Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crazyfishinut

Manor pits

4 posts in this topic

I had a couple hours to waste Tuesday mourning so what better way than to go fishin. Hit one of the Manor pits and caught 4 good largemouth. Fish were real shallow, I saw 3 out of four and made my cast to them. 3 of the four caught on jig-n-trailer and one on a chatterbait. Fish seemed to want some moving fast. The faster the better. Caught my biggest largemouth out of there today. 18" Largemouth. Only had my cellphone with me and I was alone so picture is not great. may29manorpitzo8.jpg

How do you get to the Manor Pits?

Quote:

How do you get to the Manor Pits?

The pits are in between second street south west and west circle drive and hiway 14. i believe the directions have been posted on here so do a search in this forum. Or am i guessing by now tyler has them saved somewhere and will just attach them here. here is a map for now it is Cascade lake and the other two attached. countyclubpits.png

ike

Well?

The map Ike posted will get you to the area, but getting to the actual water is kinda tricky, or impossible??

The whole area is under construction with new fences and fancy new private property (No Trespassing) signs posted in several areas. At least one of the pits is still actively being mined for gravel, and I’m pretty sure your suppose to stay off that one.

I really don’t have all the facts on this one. I know I talked to assistant superintendent of Rochester Parks & Recreation last fall and he would not give me permission hold a UPLR event on any of the pits due to access issues. He basically said to check back with him when the park is officially opened to the public in the summer of ’08.

Last year, there were 2 or 3 ways to get on the pits, but they now have No Trespassing signs up.

Your safest way to access would be to obtain permission from a private property land owner (which I have done before).

Sorry I can’t provide a better answer for ya.