Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gbuck

smallie status

4 posts in this topic

hey guys!

this is my first post on the site. I am heading to coppens on friday and was wondering what the smallie status is at the monent..are they shallow yet or still riding the fence?

Any help or info i could get would be greatly appreciated.

See you on the ater and BE SAFE!

We were up last week and did quite well on smallies in the 3-4 lb class on windy main lake pts on x-raps. find the windiest point where water is funneling into the narrow section and hammer with x-raps. Caught one over 5 and many in the 3-4lb class. See pictures on previous post with my name. good luck - we had a blast.

Temps are looking warm for the next week, I would expect that they will be fanning the beds soon. As of right, I caught a few in about 5 feet of water in Redgut the other day. As wstierney said X-Raps are a good way to start. I also caught quite a few on plastics.

Take Care and Good Luck Fishing!

Thanks for the reponse..I will be up there starting sat around 1 pm I will post when I get back in town and let you know how we did..

thanks again...be safe!