Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
husker_pikes

Two Inlets - Walleye Jigging

3 posts in this topic

This is a question for the experts. We have fished Two Inlets many times, but it seems like we aren't catching as many walleyes now as we were 10 years ago. We mostly troll ing 8-15' with spinners and leaches or 3" plastic grubs. We don't use jigs very often and am wondering if we are missing out because I see a lot of good walleyes being caught with jigs and leaches. Are you guys swimming the jigs or just using them vertical? Do you ever troll with a jig? What depths do you typically fish this time of year? I know, too many questions.

Quote:

This is a question for the experts. We have fished Two Inlets many times, but it seems like we aren't catching as many walleyes now as we were 10 years ago. We mostly troll ing 8-15' with spinners and leaches or 3" plastic grubs. We don't use jigs very often and am wondering if we are missing out because I see a lot of good walleyes being caught with jigs and leaches. Are you guys swimming the jigs or just using them vertical? Do you ever troll with a jig? What depths do you typically fish this time of year? I know, too many questions.

Hey Husker,

In my short time fishing the lake here, I have found that you really have to know the lake well and know what you are doing when you do find the spots. If it makes you feel any better, I have only caught two walleyes myself so far. But I also don't fish them that much. When you get here next week, Bob and I will try point out some spots for you. My best luck has been rigging with leeches. I look forward to seeing you at the resort soon Husker. Take care.

This is an easy one husker, people can't keep their mouths

shut! Lakes that small can't handle that much

pressure. Plus the lake has very little stocking.

The internet is a great place to "chat" but it is not

helping the area lakes bragging about your fishing success.