Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kt

johanna

12 posts in this topic

Just looking for a little info on bass fishing on this body of water. Not looking for secret spots just general ideas. Fished it on monday, stuck mostly to the north basin due to the wind. Just wondering which basin tends to be a better option or produces more consistently. Also, does the curly pondweed (i think thats what it is) die back at all during the summer. Any info is appreciated. Also, any danger areas , with regards to underwater obstacles and prop/boat damage.

johanna has a BIG rock bar on the left side of the big island.. alot of ppl have lost lower units doe to this as the water is only about 2 feet deep.. How didja do fishin the north basin?.. was there 3 yrs ago and caught plenty of bass.. biggest just under 5 lbs all on finesse rigs though.. we stuck to the north basin and the west shoreline there too

We did fairly well, caught one nice one 4.5 lbs. Also caught quite a few pike. Caught them on plastics, jigs, and spinnerbaits. We were really limited in where we could fish due to the 35 mph winds out of the south and the trolling motor battery running low. Do those weeds die off at all during the summer?

the lake gets pretty thick with weeds due to the shallow nature of the lake.. im sure they die off and Id love to try fishin that lake in the fall.. I hear there are some HUGE pike and panfish in there!!.. Just wish they would improve the acess a bit! smile.gif

oops sorry we been telling some peole thats where we catch our fish for a few seasons kinda as a joke, is it actally any good lol grin.gif

Jo jo man it's been som time since I have visited that body of water....Was the water fairly clear out there yet?

Have that had any recent winter kills out there, I thought maybe heard a couple years back that they had an aerotor system put in place for oxygen?

as far as I know. the lake recieved a partial winterkill last yr and No areation system in it that I know of yet.. last time I was there was 2 yrs ago and the water was very clear but we were there early in the yr to.. and Eyehunter..I thought it was wagonga where you were getting all your fish!! grin.gif

I was out there this past monday and water clarity was decent. I would estimate at around 3 to 4 feet visibility.

how didja do on monday fishing kt??

got quite a few, nothing huge. Biggest was about 4.5

Any Walleye activity in the lake? Noticed that quite a few were released by the DNR over the years. Is there an access for the southern basin or do you access it from the North. Is it possible to access it from the North basin with that rock bar? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

there is only the 1 access and its unimproved, meaning it can get a little sloppy if the weather has been wet.. not much of an access.. Kind of reminds me of a farmers field approach..lol.. haven't heard alot about walleyes there.. been mostly panfish and bass and pike