Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBMasterAngler

First Time On Cass...No Beginner's Luck

2 posts in this topic

I went to cass this holiday weekend and couldn't buy a fish! The weather was killer...I got rained on, blown around, etc. I trolled cranks, jointed rapalas, drifted and jigged livebait, even fished bait under a bobber. All I got for my efforts were a pumpkinseed and a rock bass. Not quite what I was looking for.

However, I camped at norway beach and I love it there! I'm gonna try to get another trip up there sometime this summer. The area was great and I hope cass will become an annual trip for me.

Sorry to hear about the fishing report... Norway is a great camping area... As for fishing I was out on Sunday for four hours and the fishing was tough. We managed 5 walleyes and a bunch of hammer handle pike.. The jumbo perch bite was picking up though... On Monday the bite turned on. I had two clients out and we managed I think 16-19 walleyes in 4 hours.. They kept 9 and tossed back some other nice eaters.

The weather is, has, and will be the story for the next few weeks... Wind, Rain, and cold was the headline, but now it seems to be wind and rain... The fish I have been targeting have been on the steep drops with a Northland Fireball tipped with a Shinner.. Surface water temp was around 56-58 degrees and I can't wait to start using crawlers!!!!

Beef

fathead guide service