Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big drift

Lake Jeanette Echo trail

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

We are chasing moose up in Zone 33 on the Echo Trail and plan on staying at the Lake Jeanette Campground and chasing walleyes, ducks and grouse also.

Any input on the lake the DNR site has good numbers and it looks shallow only 15 fow. Any info would be appreaciated.

bd

Hey bd:

Sorry, no concrete info here. Lots of moose sign around Jeanette. I hike all over there doing photography, though I've never fished the lake. Was out in your country this weekend. We have a family cabin on Beltrami.

There just aren't many people who fish Jeanette. I've been up there in all seasons, and have yet to see more than two boats at one time on the lake.

Moose, ducks, grouse and fish. That's a LOT of work to be done. Good luck, and I hope you find them all. grin.gif

I have no 1st hand info on Jeanette, but my neighbor said he has never been skunked on Jeanette, it is his fav lake. Take it for what it is worth.

I appreaciate the info guys, if we get our moose early that will open more time to play. Spoke with the area wildlife manager and he said the grouse numbers are way up in that area so that is a plus also.

After working hard for a year with little to no time off for an extended break the queen of my world told me to take the time off so I am doing just that. We'll post up what we find out if any one is interested or we can get lockjaw either way.

jeanette lots of eater walleyes. Watch out for rocks. Never fished it in september but other times of the year have found the walleyes to be shallower than one would think. Good luck on the moose hunt.

I would agree with the rocks post. I have never fished it myself but know lots of people who do. I have heard there are good eater walleyes and TONS of rocks!! Be careful and good luck.

Water is dark bog stained and it is hard to see the rocks until right on them.

I haven't fished Jeanette for a few years now, but is is a great lake. Take the rock warnings seriously, been luckly not to lose a lower unit but have snapped a prop on electic motor. Northeast side, almost entire shoreline will produce as well as west side of northern bay. September I have caught some decent perch in deep spot behind largest island.

Thanks for the info, I think we'll plan on pastics and power bait with jigs and a little rapala action there.

From the maps it looks like there are flowages out of the lake is it possible to go up those with a shallow 14' boat?

Again thanks for your help guys,