• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Whitefish Restaurants on the water

My wife and I are going to be staying on Clamshell in a couple weeks and I was wondering if there are any restaurants where you could dock your boat near Clamshell. In past years we have gone to the Warf, which is great but since I have a small boat I was looking for something a little closer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think it is Towering Pines on Upper Whitefish, and also the Brothers on Trout, but that would be long trip depending upon wind. I think there is another on the opposite side of Whitefish from you, but I can't think of the name, or maybe I am turned around smile.gif wouldn't be the first time!

Have a fun trip!

Driftwood resort has a liquor license and good food. Not many people know that it is more than a resort so try it out. It is just Northwest of the entrance to Hay.

However the best spot will always be Moonlight Bay to me.

Heading up for the Lions Fishing Tournament on 6/9/07. Multi-species tournament that is a great time if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it. My wife and I always enjoy taking a break from fishing and getting a bite to eat on the water. I forgot to mention this trip is over our wedding anniversary and she loves going up north fishing as much as I do. I am one luck man.

Boy o boy, some may call you super lucky. I'm jealous.

How many years of tight lines do you have?

Driftwood has some good food and just got a new chef. They have a good menu. Plus they have a sheltered harbor.

K Dawg, we have been married for 9 years but been together 15 years. With her enjoying fishing it makes it really nice and easy to buy fishing gear, no begging or convincing needed. In fact sometimes I have to convince her to not buy fishing gear, Like this year when I bought a Lowrance 522IGPS. She wanted the LCX27 which is a little more than I wanted to spend. grin.gif

Quote:

Driftwood resort has a liquor license and good food. Not many people know that it is more than a resort so try it out. It is just Northwest of the entrance to Hay.

Heading up for the Lions Fishing Tournament on 6/9/07. Multi-species tournament that is a great time if anyone is interested.

I worked at the Warf back when I was in HS in 1999. It was an awesome summer, so I always like the warf, but it has changed some in the past few years. To me, Moonlite Bay is my favorite bar in the world. For people my age, it is a meat market every weekend! Had a great time this past weekend, thats for sure.

As far as food and the setting, it is great.

From what I'm hearing, Manhattan Beach lodge is going to be hottest place on the chain now. I guess it has a new owner and he's got deep pockets. The best bands, drinks and food are on the menu now. He's planning on making it a great night club like it used to be. Last weekend it was packed! If your looking for good food I sure wouldnt suggest Moonlight Bay. The wharf has awesome food.

I will remember that for a while. Wife wants to spend more than the husband for FISHING gear. LOL. grin.gif

Quote:

From what I'm hearing, Manhattan Beach lodge is going to be hottest place on the chain now. I guess it has a new owner and he's got deep pockets. The best bands, drinks and food are on the menu now. He's planning on making it a great night club like it used to be. Last weekend it was packed! If your looking for good food I sure wouldnt suggest Moonlight Bay. The wharf has awesome food.

Packed if you want to see a bunch of 50 somes! wink.gifNothing against you oldies, but my self being 24, will stick to Moonlite. Nothing will ever beat it for being a night club. Manhattan can try all it wants, but bringing Christy Love in isn't going to bring young people. You want packed, you go to Moonlite on the weekend. There will be a thousand there at one time during the 4th weekend. They have the best bartenders, the best looking girls, the best DJ (DJ JP) and the best patio!

Quote:

Quote:

I worked at the Warf back when I was in HS in 1999. It was an awesome summer, so I always like the warf, but it has changed some in the past few years. To me, Moonlite Bay is my favorite bar in the world. For people my age, it is a meat market every weekend! Had a great time this past weekend, thats for sure.

What has changed with the wharf? As long as it is not the bisque I will be ok... grin.gif

Zorbaz is another place on cross lake you might want to try... A little over priced(imo) but good otherwise...

When I worked there, we had a different owner. Brian owns it now and is a great guy. The only thing is, I thought the food went downhill a little. I think it has improved recently, but the steak sandwich is smaller, and smaller, and smaller.

Zorbaz is great also. It has great pizza, and on Wed night a lot of locals go because it is dollar bottle night.

I've decided to stay away from the Log Jam. Since Cheap-o DJ Paul took over the place, it has stunk. Ten dollar cover in freaking crosslake?!?! PAAALEEEAAASE!! Moonlite will always be my place.

I agree with Redline Moonlite has alot of eye candy and the patio area is nice and personaly I think the food is pretty good.......to each his own!!! See you on the chain...........

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What has changed with the wharf? As long as it is not the bisque I will be ok... grin.gif

Zorbaz is another place on cross lake you might want to try... A little over priced(imo) but good otherwise...

Well I found out what has changed at the Wharf... The Wharf has lost there cook and he took his bisque recipe with him... Found out the hard way this past Sat, sounds like his last day was a week or so ago... Food was sub par and it took forever to get it... Sounds like he is heading up to Manhattan Beach... I guess I will have to make a little bit longer of a trip for my bisque now...

Bassaddict,

Thanks I just got back from the chain and my wife and I had a great time and as we were boating around Upper whitefish I noticed that place. One day we went to Driftwood to eat and that was a nice place as well.

Well, if you are looking for a place with burgers for less than $10, the Wharf is NOT the place to go - its pretty spendy, and the food is average at best.