Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brittman

Anyone fishing on Lake Itasca (State Park)?

2 posts in this topic

Anyone fishing on Lake Itasca (State Park)?

Fish biting?

How is the water level on the main launch on the lake ?

Had some of the best fishing on Itasca that I've had since going up there for 7 Years over the Memorial Day weekend. Saturday morning between 3 of us caught 3 walleyes ranging from 15"-17.5", 4 jumbo perch, and two fo the biggest bluegills I've ever seen, 1@12" and 1@9.5". The bluegills are going on the wall.

Sunday morning brought 2 more eyes 16"-17", and 2 more jumbo perch. Sunday evening brought 2 more eyes 15"& 16", and one bluegill 8.5".

Everything we caught came out 12-16 fow, using jumbo leeches and plain snells.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Tom Sawyer
      If you chase panfish late ice, make sure you get a sled with high sides. My Otter Pro has already made several water crossings, while keeping my gear high and dry.  
    • Wanderer
        You just have to remove any and all the bird seed at least 10 minutes before the warden arrives and you're legal.    Near as we could tell the little guy got spooked by something and when he barreled through the yard the clearest path seemed to be the lower deck due to our loaded sleds n cars n stuff.  The most daylight was coming through the railing.  Instead of jumping the railing he lowered his head to part the spindles like saplings but these didn't move!    If you look at the spindle above hind quarter you can see the mark where his face planted.  There was a tuft of hair stuck to it that matched what was missing by his eye.   I was out there when it happened.  I didn't see him do it but heard the crash and the bellar and thought someone fell.  I hustled up there calling to see if someone needed help and found the deer kicking and taking his last breaths.  The others in the house heard it too and came to the door.  We were all pretty stunned.     Thats the best I can come up with.  I hope you can buy it! 
    • Cret Jigs
      Perfect! ... thanks guys for the responses.  exactly what i needed to know!   Cret
    • delcecchi
      Mercury is emitted from coal burning power plants and can travel a long ways.  Sulfate or maybe it is sulfide is from mining.  
    • delcecchi
      That there is pretty effusive praise, and a first post