Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
finny

bait well problem

6 posts in this topic

Anyone know how to fix a bait well. My pump is fine but it does not pump water into the well. I think that my line must be plugged. Has anyone had this happen to them before and how did you fix it??

Is this a new boat? If so it is very possible that the spray nozzle is shut all the way, thus not allowing water flow. Reach in to the baitwell and find the nozzle. Simply unscrew the nozzle a couple of turns and water should flow. If this a used boat you may have a bad impeller on your aerator pump. Greg

Is it a Ranger boat? If so you may have to purge the line. You should have a black plastic cap on the floor with the valves under it. Try that and see if thats the problem. Thats if you have a Ranger but from looking at your avator Im just assuming.

I've read that you can take a garden hose and spray it from the back to see if it's plugged or not. Take the screen off where the livewell normally drains from and shoot some water through the pump and up into the livewell. This might unblock anything you've got in the lines.

Yes it is a ranger. My impeller and pump is fine. This may sound stupid but how do I purge the line? Thanks

Sometimes the lines get air locked - make sure the valve for your baitwell is on fill (or whatever setting is required to fill it) and put the motor in reverse, forcing some water into the tube - that'll usually do it if everything else is working correctly.

marine_man