• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Take A Kid Fishing Tournament

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Grab that little fishing partner and head to Northwoods Children Services Contest for Kids.

June 9th 9AM-2PM

This is a great time and good cause. Jr and I will be there again this year.

We will also be donating to Northwoods Children Services in FM's name, rods and reels left over from out Sportsman's Sway Meet. Gary(ripstick), Randy(Loonasea,) and myself spent an afternoon refurbishing these combos along with spooling them up with line donated from Fisherman's Corner.

rules.jpg

So heres that chance to get the Li' Fisherperson out for their own day on the water.

See you there!

Tom, its June 9th 9AM-2PM.

Break for lunch around noon which they provide.

Same day as the Vets fishing outing on the St. Louis. Dont forget about that Cheffrey.

Good place to bring the kids to. Last year the kids had a blast its fun watching little kids walking around with a fish and a big smile on their face. This one is setup for date a year in advance.

ST/Ripstick,

Wish that I could make this one with Junior, but we're having his birthday party the same day. Oh well, he does get the chance to get out on a regular basis, but I think he'd of really enjoyed it with a bunch of other kids.

Hopefully we can make it next year!

PS: Going to try and get him his first laker this weekend if the weather cooperates. He checked off coho on his list earlier this month smile.gif

Since the Vets outing has been shelved ,,,is there a need for seats in boats for this event???

Randoid

Randy, they may be looking for someone to drive the pontoon boat. I've left a message as to policy of taking NCS kids out with your own boat. I think that each boat would need NCS staff aboard. I'll get a definite on that.

This is intended for all kids so if you have a son, daughter, grandkids, nephews, or even the neighbor kid, bring them out.

Frank,

I worked at Northwoods for 2 years. I believe the answer you will get is that a counselor should be present in the boat. Regardless of the official answer, I think you are going to want one in close proximity. Great kids, but they often need some special attention...

G&G, your are right. A staff is required in each boat but if we get a group of boats that stay relatively close to each other then only one staff per group will be needed, thats good news. So, there'll be around 50 kids from Northwoods that will be fishing from shore.

What'da say fellas, could we make that 50 kids fishing from a boat?

Email me if your interested in taking a couple kids fishing.

Hey frank do you think it will be better to have a couple of fmers to a boat so that one could take acouple of kids out 1on1.

G&G I like the way you put it. "Special Attention". grin.gif

Thats my strength isnt it? Or is it called "Tough Love" these days. wink.gif

Frank I have that weekend off so give me a holler. Maybe Ill bring my nephew up for a few hours and catch some gills.

Looks like I will be able to bring my youngest son Drake. Need to get me a new depth finder as mine just took a dump today.

I'm in. I,ll be taking my grand kids who are coming up from St. Paul. They love to fish but seldom have the chance to go. Lets see I need poles, bobbers, bait and a suitcase full of patience grin.gif

Well, I am out 480 bucks (after tax) but I got me a new Eagle 502ci. Gave it a whirl tonight for about two hours out of the Wi entry. Seems to work well, color is awsome. Now I need a navionics card and I will be armed and dangerous.

Looking forward to getting my son on some fish next weekend!

Sorry everybody but my 3 yr old daughter just reeled her 1st fish in by herself on Monday so I think she is primed for this tournament. Am I a nerd if I am looking forward to getting her Dora the Explorer pole ready for Saturday? I have a boat but Im not bringing it cause I cant wait to spend some time fishing from shore. We might take some time though to throw rocks in the water(her...not me):-)

Great to see that some FMers will be there with kids.

The Sunnies are still in shallow and theres lots of them. Perfect for the kids and it couldn't get simpler! Bobber plain hook and a small leech or worm. Find weeds, reeds or cattails along the shoreline and the pannies will be there.

PS: The Dora rod might burn out so bring a backup. laugh.gif

Frank glad you are there to help the little one out thanks to all that help this out smirk.gif. I will not be there this year but next I will be there for sure grin.gif. Good luck to all and safe fishing hope you get a big one blush.gif.

Looks like we'll have very some nice weather. Jr's pumped!

Due to the storms at my house last night and the fact that the winds resulted in my breezeway and garage being "skinned alive". I regretfully will be spending my weekend trying to get something over the roof to protect it from further damage until the Ins Adjuster gets here. Good luck everyone.

We'll be there with a full boat. 2 adults and 3 kids, should be fun!

See You There!

Wade, thats to bad about the wind damage. Throw a blue tarp over it and get out and fish!

Lots of kids catching fish from the docks and it looked like a lot were able to get in a boat for a while.

Oh and lots of smiles, it went good.

Jr weighed in and released 22" eye and lost a bigger one at the boat. He got to pick out a nice prize too.

I was late for a Grad party so I couldn't stay till the end of the awards but it sounded like just about everybody won something..