Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyedan

Walleyedan's Guide Report

5 posts in this topic

Good morning,

The full moon is on its way, the Twins are getting back on track and the fish have been cooperating most days. Back at it again today, not sure where I'll go (depends on what this wind does). Yesterday was good and I would expect the same today. Tim, Butch, Tim, Toby and I have been working Gull, Whitefish, North Long, Pelican, Round and Mille Lacs. We have been doing pretty well but as you know we all have our days. Lindy Rigs and minnows (shiners or red tails) have been equally effective. Depending on the lake, we have been working a variety of depths (shallow to 27 feet). I guess the norm would be the number 17. Northerns have been pretty darn active as well. Bass?? Don't know, but I would be willing to say yes! We will be on the water about everyday from here on out, so we will keep you in tune with what is happening.

Walleyedan

Dan - I hope my friend, "Big Tom", wasn't too much trouble in your boat on Monday. Hearing his side of the story, it sounded like fish were jumpin' in the boat for him after breakfast...what really happened out there? He got outfished 2:1, didn't he? Hah! smile.gif

Blaze

Hey Blaze,

Can't tell ya. The motto was "what happens at Breezy stays at Breezy". I will say that we should always have a good breakfast before we go fishing. And Tom always has one more fish than everyone else in the boat. It was fun and today was another good day on the water. It was a lady that was putting us to school today. Lindy's and shiners and jigs and shiners. Gnarly storm blew through the yard tonight and had to crack out the saw!

Ny,ny.

Walleyedan

Not meaning to change the direction of the report... but I guess I will wink.gif

WalleyeDan, can you give any info on what changes are ready or coming from ArticArmor? I might get my Dad a set. He doesn't ice fish, but is old and gets cold. This spring, on two open water trips, I ended putting him in mine and he loved it.

Is there any "deal" on the older sets as the new models come about? Any chance of their being a blue version, or green version for this fall/winter?

BTW - I have used them prior to opener and on opener and also each weekend since. They are great for early season. Not too hot, very comfy and I can't say anything bad about them. You were right, they are great in morning cold smile.gif I would just wear shorts under them, then take off bibs when it got sunny and warm and all was great with the world smile.gif

Thanks, I am enjoying them more than I had planned, best fishing purchase of the past year.

Hi Box,

The new suit that is coming our for sure is the Mossy Oak Duck Blind. It should be available in August or September. I have checked it out and it will be the ticket for the waterfowler, ice fisher, cattail bow hunter (late season) and also the early or late season open water fisher. The outer fabric is soft/quiet, unlike the red and black suit. I still think the red and black is the ideal ice fishing suit because of the outer material. The Duck Blind pattern is waterproof, wind proof and it floats too. The moto for 07 is "Warm, Dry and Alive". I will keep you abreast with any other color possibilities. What color would you like to see? We were thinking Packer colors. IDI also has other products for the hunter, etc.. You can check out there site, idigear.. At this point, no discounted prices. I am glad you are happy with your purchase, I don't leave home without mine either.

Walleyedan