• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

T8 Kicker

Ryoushi

Question

Hey all, I have a T8 Yamaha and it is fairly new. It's all tuned up but occassionaly stalls out when idling. I grabbed the ball on the fuel line several times and it is never hard like the ball for my big motor. Is it normal that a smaller motor would not have a hard fuel line ball? The fuel line is practically new. Any advice would be great.

8 answers to this question

Ryoushi, I also have a T8 kicker, runs flawlessly. (NOT bragging). If you have access to another hose/bulb assembly, try that. the bulb on mine is always "firm", but not hard. I'd guess it's in your hose assembly. Phred52

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Are you running this on its own tank or are you sharing with the primary outboard. If so how is it setup.

If it has its own tank then try a new hose.

I agree, I suspect it's your fuel line setup if you're running off a shared tank. Does each motor have it's own feed line to the tank, or is there a 'T' in the lines?

There is a T in the line because there is only one line coming off the tank. There is also a valve installed on it to switch back and forth.

If my valve is working properly, which it should be, I must have a faulty Ball in my line?

I have never had a kicker with a T, mine have always had their own line going directly to the tank. Either 2 separate connections at the tank, or 1 double valve at the tank, and no T's in the lines.

There are a lot of guys that have problems like yours, and also hard starting motors, when running a T in the line -- basically the other motor lets in air or sucks gas when not running, and that makes problems for the motor that is running. I don't know if your valve is supposed to cure this or not, since I'm not all that familiar with the rigging in your setup.

One option could be a bad line or bulb, but I wouldn't rule out the T - I've just heard of far too many problems with them.

Good luck getting it nailed down.

Perch -

he said in the post above that he has a T and a valve to turn one on or off, so that should alleviate that problem.

It could be a bad check valve in the primer bulb or a weak fuel pump...

Do you have access to a portable tank? You could try hooking directly to the portable tank first and that would eliminate most motor issues.

marine_man

That sounds like the right suggestion. I will run a seperate gas tank once and see what happens with that bulb. Thanks all.