Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

JustinG

Hey Jim,

Has it been pretty quiet down on your end of town? It seems to be awful slow up at the golf course for Memorial day weekend. Thought there would have been more people around, but it may have to do with the weather? confused.gif Are the lake levels coming back up slowly from all the rain? Hope we get some sun soon....

Later,

Justin

Great Outdoors

Justin,

Very busy weekend at the store, from last Thursday through today.

Burntside almost as high as last spring, 54-55 surface temp.

The lake is also one 5 1/2 lb walleye shorter as of 2:30 this afternoon, 24 inches long. Buuurrrrrrrrrp!! grin.gif

JustinG

Hmmm...

Thanks for the info there, dude! I am going to try my best to take this weekend off and fish. I haven't had a day off since April 21 and I havent been out fishing since March 18th! All work and no play makes the "Fish Master" a very dull boy! grin.gif

Later,

Justin

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• MN BassFisher
      The Peacock Bass has been on my fishing bucket list since I first saw a picture of one when I was in elementary school. I don't think I'll make it to the Amazon anytime soon so when our Florida vacation was booked I made it a point to get to SE Florida and chase these beautiful specimens! For our adventure we went out near Miami, FL with local guide Captain Scott Rose. He shared a lot of information about this unique fishery and put us on both numbers and quality fish. Our Biggest 5 weighed in at 20.5lbs! This trip was something I won't soon forget.  
    • Flash
      Hey all, Heading to Mille Lacs tomorrow.  What has been the hot bait?  Shiners, fatheads??? Flash "Set the Hook"
    • Hoey
      There are notes in some of the other recent LOTW posts on Knights/Bridges reefs.  I have no personal recent experience to share at this time.
    • seifjr
      Our group is coming up March 10-13 this year instead of the typical mid-Feb trip.  We usually hit the reefs/islands in Feb with reasonable success, so I'm curious if that pattern is going at the moment.  Never fished LOW in mid-March, so we're not exactly sure how to approach things.  The current reports sound a bit slow at the moment, which probably isn't all that unusual for this time of year.  If anyone has any first hand knowledge of the reef/island bite, you can either response or PM me.  Thx.
    • kfk
      I like to fish a frozen shiner along with a live fathead on a single hook.  Even though the shiner is dead, I think the movement of the fathead creates the illusion that it's a live shiner.  It's worked for me many times anyway and it's usually better than either a frozen shiner or fathead by themselves.
    • opsirc
      Begining to think it's going too be a really bad year.  Couples days ago was out, could not get anything to bite, switched up lures half dozen times. Did not help
    • Capt. Quicksteel
      Darn you guys!!   How am I supposed to stay at work and pretend to be interested now? There's nothing better than bow hunting turkeys in the spring after a long winter!
    • monstermoose78
      Hey all just a reminder you will need a new license March 1!! Well it looks like we should be ice fishing for another month or more. There is some coming, so if you need to get you house off the lake it might be wise do it now. bites: green crappies, little elk gills sorting but you will catch them eaters, skogman has good from numbers of gills and crappies, and Lori lake for crappies. the turkey fever is starting to set in for me
    • relax
      Hi @Rick, I'm also looking to take my family out this weekend. I  have a 3/4 ton with a 8x24 ice castle. Was looking at Shields or German. Is it pretty safe with my rig? I know some of these smaller lakes are aerated and can have some soft spots. Just want to be extra safe with the family. Also, the fishing been ok down there? Thanks in advance! Justin
    • relax
      Hey @jlang_04, i'm looking to take my kids down that area and was curious how's the ice for a 3/4 ton with a ice castle 8x24. I'm sure the ice is thick enough but I also know some lakes are aerated or have current and the ice can be soft in some spots. So I just want to be safe with my family. Also, how's the fishing down there?  Thanks, Justin
  • Share & Have Fun