Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1DIRTBALL

Question for Surface Tension

14 posts in this topic

I'm repairing a 2HP Johnson outboard for a friend of mine. Do you happen to know of any link where I can find a diagram of this motor? When I went to the search engine I usually use, all I could find were places that wanted to sell me repair manuals. Thanks in advance! grin.gif 1DIRTBALL wink.gif

Keith, I know what you mean, on-line diagrams and manuals are impossible to find. I might have something, what year is your outboard? You can also go to the library and take out a manual.

Frank thank you very much for the quick answer. I take it that you have been frustrated the same way I have, trying to find this information. The motor in question is a 1973 model. Mod.#2R73B Serial #E3714692 I thought of going to the library also. It being Memorial Day weekend, of course it's closed. Thanks again for your help Frank. Good luck and good fishing! grin.gif 1DIRTBALL wink.gif

What exact info are ya looking for? I have a repair manual in pdf format for your motor and i can just email you the pages ya need. Shoot me an email and let me know.

troutsupper@gmail.com

Thanks for helping him out, pastfan. That's cool. grin.gif

pastfan, you are what FM is all about. Thanks for being the helpfull guy you are. smile.gif

Thats super!

For all you guy's here on the Duluth forum who might have questioned the integrity or intent of our fellow member, pastfan, I am here to state, unequivocably(sp?) that he is a true gentleman of the first stripe and an outdoorsman of the highest order! Not only did he provide me with the exact information I needed but he took the time and trouble to email me the exact diagrams I needed from his his own repair manual. What a guy, eh? I did give some thought to naming my next child after him but at my house there would have to be another star rising in the East for that to happen!LOL! laugh.gif My grateful thanks to Brent! grin.gif 1DIRTBALL wink.gif

Did I miss something here? Who questioned his character and when? confused.gif

It was nice of him to help you out thats for sure.

I don't care what you say about Northlander, hes OK.

Just a figure of speech Steve.

Thanks for the kudos guys. I think, or hope at least, that a good majority of the people on this site would've done the same thing. Like harvey lee said above -thats whats FM is about. Good luck all!

Nothing gets by you, does it Northlander? I was wreaking havoc on the King's English and just KIDDING! laugh.gif 1DIRTBALL wink.gif

Ok cool. I guess I take things to literally at times.

Pastfan,

I too need a little info on the Johnson 2R73B .... well actually just the gear ratio and the max engine RPM, but I can EMAIL you if it is more convenient. Thanks