Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maros91

Manager Ejections

11 posts in this topic

Whats your favorite manager ejection? There have been some great ones from Billy Martin to Lou Pinella. I think my favorite will have to be Lloyd McClendon of the Pirates a couple years back after he got ejected he grabbed first base and walked out with it. Very funny.

does anybody know whose got the most ejections of all time??

I know Bobby COx is one or two away from tying.

Sweet Lou's "First base is my frisbie" episode is my favorite. Probaby because it was original.

The rest are just wannabees base flingers. smile.gif I understand there was a minor league manager that appeared to need committed to a mental hospital last season. I missed that one.

Billy Martin's dirt kicking renditions were also ahead of their time.

Know what I hate? A sissy boy manager like the Reds currently have. He doesn't have the guts to make his players play like they care, then pretends to be irate at umpires so he can get ejected and try to keep his job. It's phoney, and he isn't the only one that does it.

I know years ago Earl Weaver was the guy to beat he had some classics nice video bull head that was pretty good.

Bobby Cox got ousted twice during the weekend. Gardy has had some nice ones. I love it when the managers get fired up and start throwing their hands all over the place and the then the hat comes off. Your outta here!

I only got to one Twins game last year (I live 2 hours drive away) and I got to see both Francisco Liriano start and no shock here- a Gardy ejection. A few years ago, I was living in Kansas City, and went to a Twins-Royals game and a pre-season Vikes/Chiefs tilt all in the same afternoon. Long story short, it was over 100 that day, and in the first inning Royals catcher Mike DeFelice got tossed, went into the dugout, threw aroud 10 bats and every jug of Gatorade and water out of the dugout onto the field. I told my buddy I thought it was intentional because he probably didn't want to squat behind the plate all day in that heat. By far the best ejection, although not a manager, I have personally seen.

"I know years ago Earl Weaver was the guy to beat"

Mitty, I forgot about the Mad Munchkin. Here is a link to some funny Earl Weaver. Can't believe how long Umpire lets it go. Ump gets in some good shots a couple minutes in though. Hopefully this link will work.

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2813366

Spinner I dont now how you found that but thats the Earl I remember when I was a kid boy was he entertaining when him and Billy got going it was great can you imagine if sports center would have been around then it would have been great thanks again for the video.

The Double A manager pretty much went insane over the weekend. The army crawl and gernade throw was frickin funny and at the end he blows a kiss to the fans. Pretty funny.

As im a Pirates fan the McLendon ordeal when he took first base with him was great.

But that minor league one over the weekend where the coach army crawled to the rosin bag and threw it like a grinade at the ump was one of the best ever. Im sure it will be on you-tube soon...