Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
styx

Lindy rigging rod

styx    0
styx

I am looking to buy another Lindy rigging rod. I currently use a Med Lite shimano crucial and have been very happy with it. I was looking at St Croix's Legend Tournament 7ft med light Lindy rod today. Looks like a real sweet rod.

Does anyone have experience with these 2 rods. Is the step up in quality enough to justify the price of this rod? Or should I just pick up another Crucial?

Walleye_king    0
Walleye_king

I use two rods for lindy rigging, which is mostly how I fish. One is a G Loomis IMX 6' fast spinning rod whcih I have had for more than 10 years and the other is a St Croix Avid 6'6" spinning rod which I have had for a few years. They both have their place, but I use the loomis more because I can feel everything with that rod-

Michael

eye1000us    0
eye1000us

Don't have experience wih the Crucial but I do have 3 of the St.Croix.The 7ftr med lights with a fast action tip work very well for rigging.I also use em for jigging on the Miss.

Finlander    0
Finlander

I have a St.Croix 6'6" spinning Legend Elite that is spooled with 6# test Fireline, and I can feel my spinner spinning on that rod! I can also feel the minnow wiggling too! grin.gif

Boedigheimer    0
Boedigheimer

Styx, I have a 7ft. st.croix that i use for riggin', I think you will be very happy with it. Mine is a medium action, extra fast tip. An eight foot snell wraps around the reel and back to the first guide quite nicely, leaving your sinker about an inch from the tip. Well worth the money.

JDM    0
JDM

I have that exact rod (SC Legend) I really love it.

rodmaker    0
rodmaker

I would recommend the G Loomis IMX HSR 9000. 7'6" one piece weights up to 1/2 oz.

I have a St. Croix Legend Elite 7ft med light, that I extended the handle to a 7'10" rod. Nice rod, you can feel everything.

I like the G Loomis rods a little better. You couldn't go wrong with either one of them.

1775tiller    0
1775tiller

Styx guy I have done a lot of talking to several guys at Thorne Brothers, Vados, and Cableas and they all say that the Crucial for the money is one of the best rods out there. I just order a 7'2" med action with extra fast tip and the pistol grip from Vados. I don't think the St. Croix is worth the extra $80 buy another Crucial.

TrophyEyes    0
TrophyEyes

I have just about every rod mentioned here or at the very least used one in a in different sizes. I like the G. Loomis the best, I use a 6'6" IMX as my main, but have a St. Croix Legend as well. I think the Legend seems a little tinny to me. Tinny is the scientific term for not smooth. Its like the difference of using an aluminum hockey stick vs. graphite to me (or golf club comparison). I don't have a crucial, but have had my eye on one for a long time. I use a shamano for jigging and they have the most sensitive feel. I don't know what the warranty is for shamano, but that might also help you make the decision. I wouldn't go lower quality than the IMX on the G. Loomis either or lower than the Legend on the St. Croix if you are a serious fisherman. The Avid and GL3 have a pretty significant drop off when you are talking about feel. Great rods, but not the best for what you are looking for. I have 3 Avids, 1 Triumph and looking at a GL3 for Crappies. They all have their place.

Personally each brand does something better than the others. My set-ups are as follows:

Walleye fishing, Bobber, Lindy, and one jigging rod - G. Loomis

Trolling, bass rigs, spinners rigs, Pike rods - St. Croix

Sensitive jigging - Shamano

Cabela's and Gander Mtn. are putting out some nice rods as well

Do me a favor though. If you are going to spend the money on a nice rod, please spend the same relative money on a nice reel. It is the same as a scope on a gun. Your only as good as your weakest component.