Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EYEHUNTER10

pig report

8 posts in this topic

Wheres the pigs, all dinks everywher what am i doing wrong? I managed 2 10 inch sunfish in my undying efforts this week but never a eye over 14 inches. Cant believe the 2 sunfish though I wish i knew how to post them, I feel kinda guilt they went in the freezer to get mounted lol but i've fished my whole life and never seen 1 let alone catch 2 in one night after dark fishing for eyes with shiners grin.gif

Two 10's will make a nice mount, congrats..

ty didnt think the day would come, now i need a crapie over 17 inches to beat my best so i can mount 1, and a pike over 16pounds, and a walleye over 32.5" Not likely but seeing 2 10 inch sunfish gives me hope

Congrtats on the sunnies. grin.gif I have been having the opposite "problem?" Guess it's not a problem, just not catching much under 20 inches. If you fish a lake that has a lot of small eyes. You will catch a lot of small eyes. They are very very hungry this time of year. One option may be bigger bait, but they will most likely hit larger bait as well. Different lake would be my best suggestion.

Looks like an awesome evening for a bit of fishing, bonfire and stories afterwards!!

good luck on them HOGS!! Brent

caught like over a hindred fish today with wife and my two little girls. Managed a 16" after tyhrowing a lot of little ones, fortunatley most are getting hooked in the lips instead of their throat and gills, just put the rods in the holders and trurned the drag back and motored around aimlessly catching fish all day at 1.5-2.2 mph, and on shads, guess what released another 10 inch sunnie tonight and kept one about 12 iches :0 trolling shads shallow. Ended up with 6 eyes in the 15-16 inch range anf lost one a bit better, i usually woundt go asking but any hints on a lake thet may poroduce good sized eyes in the night through this fuull moon phase? I'll be out for the next 5 nights so im sure ill find em from shore somewhere.

id rather trool shads or cranks at night or bobbe r fish outta the boat if it was nice like tonight i went out from 3:30pm - 3:30 am lol off to bed frown.gif

man i cant spell in the morning

My dad and I fished Ida this weekend. Despite the wind changing directions about 3 times a day, off and on rain showers, and temps that ranged from requiring shorts and t-shirt to winter clothes, we did pretty well. Dad got a 6lb 8oz eye and I got a 5lb eye, along with a few 17 inchers and several in the 13-15 range.

very nice I finally caught a 16 incher yeah!!!