Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GottaGo

A little help

6 posts in this topic

Hopefully somebody here can help me out. I was telling my brothers about the play when the right fielder got frustrated and kicked the ball, and it was a perfect kick right to I think the cutoff guy's glove. I can't remember who it was or what team, but I want to find a video to show my brothers. I am pretty certain it was some MLB team, and there is a good chance I might not have everything that happened exactly right in my head. Can anybody help me out with either the player or team that this happened to? Thanks

I am taking a pretty wild guess but I am thinking it was Paul O'Neil. I seem to recall something similar to what you are describing. If it was him, not sure if it was when he was with Cinncinati or the Yankees.

It was Paul O'Neil when he was with the Reds. What year I am not sure.

I don't recall the year either. Through the years, there have been several instances of Reds losing their tempers in memorable fashion. Most everyone remembers Lou Piniella whipping first base into right field during a tirade. I think he invented the move. Rob Dibble got ticked off and whipped a ball from the pitchers mound into the center field bleachers, beaning some poor old lady in the crowd. I don't recall the reason, I just remember he wasn't too mentally stable as a player.

Thanks for the help. I still can't find a video of it, but at least now I know who it was.

I can't check these because of the firewall at work...but I am pretty sure that the clip you are looking for is in one of these 3 vids, I just can't remember which.

Bloopers

Bloopers 2

Bloopers 3