• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I have an older friend that called and asked where the panfish are biting. I have been on the river and not the lakes as of late and could use some help.

Anyone have any ideas? If you dont want to post the lake, you may e-mail me at the address below in my signature.

Thanks Tom

Bite was good on Clear Lake (Waseca) last weekend. 4-6 fow Wax works and mini-jig

Great bite on German tonight. Opposite side of the lake from the access. We came home w/ about 25 nice sunnies.

From the reports I have heard, washington has been fairly good. Yesterday the bride and I went out for a few hours. I worked my better spots for 3 hours and caught a few but, boy was it slow. The ones I caught were nice but they were few and far between.

Just gives a person another reason to go again. smile.gif

The sunnies are on there nests. The best bite I've found is on German. The Cannon river in Waterville has a good bite but the fish seem small. If you know were there is some gravel in 1-4 feet of water there should be sunnies on it.

Thats the only season going when your not chasing big fish like flatheads. grin.gif

I can't believe I didn't know that. frown.gif

You're the greatest TH.

Its the only season worth getting a rod out for. grin.gif

Easy. I know where you were ~10 - 12 days ago. Big lakes do not hold many cat fish. grin.gif

I dont even remember where I was 10-12 days ago. That had to be 8-10 trips ago.

Ya, on the big pond, them dam bottom feeders. I have to say I had fun. I think the guy in the back of the boat was tring to drown me though, by the smile he had. shocked.gifwink.gif

I won't say a word about them flatheads

there has been a good bite down at the beaver (Contact Us Please) boat landing. my buddy and my brother went down there last nite for some panfish and ended up catching about 60 of them within 2 hours or so. they are all avg. sized ones but once in a while u get a decent one thats really worth it. they are pretty much hitting about any kind of bait but i think ur best bet is leeches or worms. u cant even keep ur bobber floating on the water. as soon as u cast be prepared for ur bobber to go under in 2 seconds! grin.gif

the sunnies here in albert lea went crazy the other day took home a limit casting all stright jigs i found that useing plastic lures brought in the bigger one, i kept every 8th fish and toss the others in between so they can recoup for their spawning run. now i have that limit now i'll be able to eat for 3 or more days w/o fishing for awhile.