Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Cabela10

Inflatable PFD - replacing bobbin

Cabela10

I accidentally armed my inflatable PFD while it was sitting in my storage compartment in the boat. I bought a new Rearming kit and I'm having issues removing the old yellow bobbin. Am I suppose to forcefully pull this bobbin out? I don't want to break anything and throw $140 in the garbage.

Cabela10

Alright, I just ripped the bobbin out and everything is okay now but I would not recommend these automatic inflatable PFD's to anyone. They are comfortable to wear and all that, but cost money ($16) to rearm to use again. Also a big pain in the rear to repack.

DinkADunk

Well what did you expect? So what if it costs a few bucks to rearm? Probably a lot less bucks than your funeral ! If you don't like a PFD then don't wear it. Go back to wearing (or not) a regular life jacket, those are real comfortable in the middle of summer

PierBridge

I went through the same thing I have 3 Stearns brand jackets all with different arming systems DOAH!

Those darn bobbins... grin.gif

I'm very happy now that I'm an expert in Arming them... grin.gif

Cabela10

Quote:

Well what did you expect? So what if it costs a few bucks to rearm? Probably a lot less bucks than your funeral ! If you don't like a PFD then don't wear it. Go back to wearing (or not) a regular life jacket, those are real comfortable in the middle of summer

Interesting reply. Thank You.

bbqhead

do these pfd s use co2? not familiar with them. but

plan on getting a boat or pontoon this summer.

thanks

randy aka bbqhead

Cabela10

Yes, they use a CO2 cartridge and when submersed under water, they deploy.

PierBridge

Quote:

Yes, they use a CO2 cartridge and when submersed under water, they deploy.

They can be self inflated if the CO2 fails also.

Cabela10

Yup, they surely can. This is my first time trying to repack it and it's tough so far.

hitthebricks

I just bought a couple of them today thinking I would be more likely to wear one like these but? maybe not! Should I return them and get the old stand-by? HTB

Ufatz

There is NO reason not to buy these just because you must repack them from time to time. It takes maybe ten minutes. It CAN be a little like putting toothpaste back in the tube but it gets easier. And YES, the replacement kits cost a few bucks, but personally speaking, MY life is worth a few bucks. Don't know about yours. grin.gif

Cabela10

They are very comfortable and sometimes you forget it's even on. For my first pack job, it looks sick but I'm sure it will get better over time. I would recommend these inflatable PFD's, just know going into it, that you will need to purchase rearming kits that costs between $10-16. The toughest part was packing the part that goes behind the neck.

Cabela10

Quote:

There is NO reason not to buy these just because you must repack them from time to time. It takes maybe ten minutes. It CAN be a little like putting toothpaste back in the tube but it gets easier. And YES, the replacement kits cost a few bucks, but personally speaking, MY life is worth a few bucks. Don't know about yours.
grin.gif

You can get the regular PFD's to save your life and they don't cost money over time. I think that's what the guy was talking about. Not about not having one altogether.

Hookmaster

Do these go off in a hard rain?

PierBridge

No they have to be submersed for a while if you go in the water its best to pull the rip cord versus waiting for the pill to disolve.

Cabela10

Quote:

Do these go off in a hard rain?

No.

Actually, I was in a tournament on the 'Sippi Pool 4 with about 40-50mph winds. The waves were huge and I had tubs full of water coming over the top of me and the PFD did not go off. I think the reason it went off was because I left it in a damp storage place on the boat and it popped because that compartment was so wet inside from the moisture.