Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chipes

Help me out

3 posts in this topic

I was thinking of hitting the river on Monday. I would be coming over the 94 bridge. I have never fished the river, just been over the bridge and seen all of the boats. Can someone tell me where I should launch my boat at? Is there any free launches anywhere?

How about where to start for some walleyes/crappies. Just looking depth and whether to go up or down after launching my boat. Thanks to all for the replies.

And hey, good fishing

Beanies right off of the highway is a decent launch spot though you got to get there early. Or you can go to the launch south of Beanies in Bayport just take 94 to 95 and go south a little ways you can't miss the launch it's a bit pricey though.

As far as presentation goes and spots, try the channel by the railroad tracks- lots of boats there can't miss it. I'd try jig and minnow you can catch almost anything on that presentation. 15-20 FOW would work good this time of year.

Goodluck, I will be out there this weekend too.

Nice tip Eyedeas, The town of Bayport is north of Beanies however not south, thought I'd clarify that as to avoid angler confusion.

Turk