Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CC Rocks

Winnie trophys?

6 posts in this topic

I have been fishing Winnie for many years and have never seen a true trophy eye come out. Opening this year I boated one at 25. Why is it that you don't come across the 28+ on Winnie like you do on Mille Lacs?confused.gif What is the biggest eye caught this year?

Brother caught a 27 1/2 last Saturday - that was our biggest for the weekend.

My biggest this year was 3 days ago when I caught & released a 26.5" Walleye.

3 Years ago I caught & released a 31.5" Walleye on Winnie! smile.gif

They're in there......

My dad's been fishing Winni about 10 times a year for 40 years now, and his biggest is about 7 1/2 lbs. He usually fishes the opener bite mostly and just the last few years has he gotten in on the bar bite, but he's still never beat that. And believe me, he catches walleyes on Winni better than anyone I know! Well, at least he does well on #s.

Can you say Gill Nets.

The East side in the spring and summer.

The North and West sides in the Fall.

The state forest launch, by Highbanks, is a favorite spot to go out of from now until fall.

Go up on shore on Raven's, in the fall and your nose will tell you where the dumped (trash fish) are.

I heard someone got their prop in a net, opening weekend, just South of Highbanks.

tweed

2 years ago I saw a 32 incher caught while fishing crappies in williams narrows area. Caught it in the channel