Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jigeye

Rod repair in southwestern suburbs

6 posts in this topic

I have a Berkley Series One spinning rod that broke. Can't figure out if it got slammed in a door or what but would like to know if anyone knows someone in the southwestern suburbs that could fix it.

What's broke? If the tip was knocked off you can add a different tip (the action will be different). If the reelseat or handle has issues then that can be rebuilt. If some of the guides are hosed, those can be replaced. If you cracked the graphite in the main part of the rod then you're SOL. You can check with Thorne Brothers about repair, but unless it's just replacing a tip you'll probably find the cost to be fairly prohibative.

I would call Minnetonka Outdoors and see. Not too sure if they fix rods but it's worth a try.

Like DinkADunk said it depends on what got broke. I just repaired a couple rods for people who broke rods in last foot of the rod and it came out pretty good. The problem is it is a time consuming thing to splice a broken blank and make it look OK. I did it cuz one was for family and the other was for a friend and both were custom jobs and would have been pretty hard to replace. If I was to do that for someone off the street it would be pretty pricey. So if you did break the rod/blank and can find someone in your area willing to fix it, don't be surprised it is cost more than just a little $$$.

The blank is cracked right in the middle of the rod between the guides. I might drop it off at Minnetonka Outdoors and have them look at it but I'm pretty sure it's scrap. It was a sweet rod though.

Thanks to all for the info.

Midwest Rod and Reel replaced a guide for me recently and did a great job. I had called Mtka Outdoors but I believe they had to send it out just to fix the guide so I would imagine it would be the same with yours if it's fixable. I would give give MR&R a call. A simple google search should give you their website.