Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
benelli_dude2002

how much rain?

10 posts in this topic

Hey Jon P. I was passing through Waskish late Monday night on my way to the east coast and man was it raining. A few times I had to slow down to about 40-45 mph and with that new blacktop it was hard to see. Just curious on how much rain fell that night. Hope all is well! B-dude

As normal it rained like heck to the south of us and to the north of us with little here. In Waskish proper I had 1/2" in the rain gauge the second night of rain...after we patched the hole in the rain gauge. It was one of those short lived heavy showers.

We finally got a good shot of rain today. 70 and 80% percent chances produced nothing but todays 90% chance finally delivered. grin.gif From May to Sept 06 we were 11 inches below normal, no real snow all winter and a dry spring so mud puddles are nice to see.

Jon was out fishing through it, hope he had a rain coat. hehehehe

I'm not sure of the amount of rain but I know one thing the carpet in the boat is really clean!

Had a nice weekend, minus the rain on Saturday.

It was fun visiting with your family.

Was hoping to see your boat, but appreciated you honesty that the weekend was poor after the storm.

Here is some pictures at Red on the river, but all 17" and up.

100_0848.jpg

100_0849.jpg

We did have luck for a few hours at Blackduck on Monday.

It is starting to pick up a little but that is thick as chocolate milk. Just a few calm days would be nice...heck even one would be good.

the wind is supposed to be decent the rest of the week. what are the odds it will clear up enough to help the bite?.

It is going to help, that is for sure. What would really clear the lake up is calm weather and a good rain mixed in. Why the rain clears that lake so fast is way beyond my little brain but it does.

The old rule of thumb was one day of wind is good for two days of slower fishing...we are on day fifteen straight with winds and rollers coming from one direction or another.

It's gonna be a good weekend.

I got the green light from the cardiologist, so the boys and I will be up Friday evening.

Even though the bill that came today just about gimme another "event".

Been picking up crappies every day along with the walleyes half of them havent spawned yet. Strong wind every day makes ancoring the best way to fish.