Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianLucky13

Lake Alexander Roll Call????

10 posts in this topic

Just wondering how many people are gonna be out for Muskie opener???? I will be on the lake at midnight and fish tell sun up.

Anybody been on the lake to see what the water temp is????

Good luck,

Brian

We will be out there, but not at midnight. I'll stop and say hi.

O yeah, you know where I'll be!!!!

Brian

I was going to be out there by 5 am but had an enployee quit on me yesterday and now I have to find someone to take her place wile working her shifts and then get them trained in. Somtimes it stinks being the boss man. Ill still be out but much later then I want to be(9:00, 9:30). Look for a tan Crestliner with Musky Nut on the side, Stop and say hey.

Duck

Duck,

Incase I don't see you on Alex on Saturday, HI!! My first location is not Alex so I will not be out there but will hit Alex once I get the local reports and everybody is done pounding the h-e-l-l out of it!!!

later,

MR grin.gif

Quote:

Just wondering how many people are gonna be out for Muskie opener???? I will be on the lake at midnight and fish tell sun up.

Anybody been on the lake to see what the water temp is????

Good luck,

Brian

I'm going to be camping around Pillager this weekend... I might pull up and head to Alexander one day... If I do I'll check the temp and get back to you.

Lakes in the area last weekend were reading in the low 60's before that cold front from He** moved in.

As for Musky Opener... I'm going to be night fishing for eyes on Friday night since it's a full moon and all... But as of right now my two boat mates cancelled on me... So if you see a tall bald guy around sun down struggling to launch a Tracker by himself, that'll be me!

I'm planning to night fish for eyes... Try a little Musky Action after midnight... But Pull out by 2:00-ish... Crash at my Buddy's place in Pillager, and then back after it for Musky on Saturday.

When I was pan fishing back in April in the slop bays behind Greens/Crow Island, I actually saw a Pair of Musky... 40-42 inch Male was nudging what looked to be a 45-50 inch PIG of a female... (Water may distort actual measurements)

She just sat there, 3 feet from the boat staring at us...

After about 5 mins I reached for my camera, spooked her and and they bolted...

10 Mins later we dropped the electric and used to to move to another spot... As we were coming out of the bay... I see this flash at the starboard side of the boat, It was the big female and suddenly I feel this soft "Boomf."

My Buddy had been riding close to some floating weed clumps all day with my trolling motor... So I shouted out an accusatory "What the He** did you just hit!"

He stopped the motor and said "Oh... My... God... I just hit a Musky!"

Sure enough just off the port side of the boat was the Male... He shook it off, and bolted away back to keep to the female's side.

I still can't believe we bounced a Musky off the trolling motor!

I was out friday night, water was 63 degrees, ive been out there 4 times already, 1 walleye and 2 muskie, both muskie

grabbed a smaller fish i was reeling in they were both about 40 plus inches, where are the eyes,cant seem to find them day or night, leeches/crawlers/rapalas???

Quote:

I was out friday night, water was 63 degrees, ive been out there 4 times already, 1 walleye and 2 muskie, both muskie

grabbed a smaller fish i was reeling in they were both about 40 plus inches, where are the eyes,cant seem to find them day or night, leeches/crawlers/rapalas???

In my experience it's not worth your time to even bother targeting Walleye during the day on Alexander...

As for the night fishing... I have my hot spots etc... But I just can't give them away...

While there's a bunch of places on the lake where "You can catch them." There's really only a handful of places on the lake that really have that "Hot Night Bite."

I was up this weekend, and the cold front shut them DOWN! The water temp was 61 degrees on Sunday afternoon, but should probably go up a couple more this week.

Opener (eye and nort opener) morning, I saw a 40"+ male cruising side by side with a 50"+ female, right below my feet at the end of the dock. Quite a sight to see!

Fished Friday night (8:00-10:30 pm) and limited out on 16-19" males. 17-22 ft weed edge (20 ft was best) and were hitting the leeches under a bobber and on a green jig. Same spot Saturday produced no fish. Sunday night produced 2 18 inchers. Caught a couple shorties (and a 19 inch smallie) during day time, but out in 32 ft. Did see a pair of 40+ musky that were coming in for a look at the trolling motor. Just sat and stared at it and when I let off the power they just turned and went deep. This was in 26 ft. Very cool looking down and seeing those mammoth beasts, but strange how they were attracted to the motor.