• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleyes on Cass and Kitchi

I was up a week ago fishing Kitchi and the walleyes seem to like leeches over shiners. Is that the same for Cass Lake? My plan is to come up Monday for a week, what patterns will the walleyes be in?

Friday and Saturday they seemed to prefer the leaches.

Sunday was about an even match. Monday and Tuesday it was defiantly a shiner bite, they also seemed to like a red hook with a minimum 6' snell. previously the bite we had was blue and white floater.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday we fished Wolf and Andrusia

there were a ton of hammer handles and small walleyes 10"

I even caught a 14" crappie in 26 fow.

Monday we fished pike bay untill the storm rolled in,

all fish were in the 14" to 15" inch range.

Tuesday we fished Oneal flat better fish in the 17" to 20" range. In all it was a good trip.

Just got back from a week on Cass/Pike Bay. We had excellent walleye fishing. Caught lots of eyes in 12-14' of water on jigs and shiners during the middle of the day. It was the best fishing we have had in years. The best fishing was on Cass. Perch fishing was below normal. First time stay at Birch Villa. We really enjoyed the stay and are coming back. Gene, I told Mark and Karrie hi for you. They look forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

Congrats on your success on your trip. The next two weeks can't go fast enough for us.

So how's their new lodge coming along? The pic I saw makes it look huge.

The new lodge is huge. It is bigger than the next door neighbor's lodge. Mark was putting the siding on when we were there. They expect the lodge to be ready for business in the next few weeks. They plan to finish the interior during the off season next year. Good luck on your visit. Ours was fabulous!