Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RODBENDER

RAINY HERE WE COME

4 posts in this topic

Next Saturday (Jun 2) my lines will be wet on Rainy for the first time. I can't wait. I hope the smallies will be transitioned better in shallow water by then. Also how has the crappie bite been and how deep here lately? Fishmiester better fire that grill up, got a big boy coming to town.

The smallies should be up in shallow by then. They are already in transition up into their spawning grounds and in some bays such as Black Bay, they are already in the shallows. Thought the temperature is not quite what they need to spawn yet.

As far as the crappies they were in, but with the weather and wind stirring things up and cooling the water in the bays I am not sure the effect it will have on them. Look for a report from me within the next fews days.

Take Care and Good Luck Fishing!!

Hope I'm not to late!! WE found caught smalies in shallow pressed up against the rock faces where the sun was beating down on. good luck

I will have first hand information on the smallie tomorrow. Gonna head out after work for a few bronzies.