• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mercruiser

walleyejon

Question

In the lower gear case of an Alpha One Gen II Mercruiser, there is a busching assembly where the lower shift shaft through into the front of the housing assembly. The busching has a threaded area that faces up that you can reach through a hole in the assembly. What is this for? A friend and I are replacing gears tonight, and found that the threaded part of that busching has a piece broken out of it, and we're wondering if we can put it back together and use the boat while we are waiting for a repalcement. The motor is a 1991 4.3 liter V6. Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Are referring to part# 23-815921A21. I would wait for the new part, you have to replace the seals anyway. Check your email.

Thanks ST, that is the part I'm referring to. The guy who owns the boat decided to trade it in, and the dealer is letting him take the new one out this weekend, so we can wait for the parts. I'm just curious if you (or anyone else) knows what that threaded hole on top of the busching is for?