Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pherris

Water Temps on Le Homme Dieu

2 posts in this topic

Any body have the water temps on the chain? Thanks

Thanks for all the replies. grin.gif Water temp ranged from 54-59 Sat and Sunday.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• leech~~
      My live well has an adjustable shut off valve in side for filling and running fresh water. If I don't turn it down to a tickle when I have fish in it, it will over flow into the boat once full because the pump is pumping faster then the overflow can keep up.  Not sure if you have one of them in yours?  I've even had a few big eyes flipping around in there hit the valve open more.
    • BobT
      I believe minnows are a class of fish that remain small throughout their lives. They are part of the food chain and because of their small size we take advantage of their position in the ecosystem and use them for bait. There are exceptions of course but, as an example, for the most part adult golden shiners will typically grow to about 3" - 5" long. Adult fathead minnows will be 2" - 3" long typically. 
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      If the hoses or hose connections are not leaking check : Live well intake connection, make sure that it is screwed on tight into the transom and that it is sealing. Could be live well splash over also if you are in rough water, but probably not with your type of leak. It may still be leaking rivets as they may not leak unless you put a lot of water inside of the boat. It does sound like you have a bad connection in one of your live well connections! Cliff    
    • Mossy19
      Just wondering if any one will give me pointers on this lake??  Not specific spots.  Going to be at Pocahontas Resort July 1 - July 8th.  I am bass guy for most part but have kids (6 & 4) that love to fish for panfish and want them to keep entertained.  Any tips or information would be greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks! 
    • Mossy19
      Hello FM family!!  I HAVE A 2000 18.5' Fisher DXV boat and am having problems of water getting into the boat.  I have filled up the bottom of the boat with water to see if something is cracked on the boat itself and have found nothing.  It seems like the only time water comes in is when I use live well pumps. I have a guy replacing all the hoses that would have water going through them to see if one is cracked.  The water that comes in is enough that I have to run the bilge pump about every half and hour.  If I forget to run bilge then I have so much water I can't get up on plane when I take off.  Once the hoses are replaced and water still gets in, what would be my next step??  Cracked livewells??? I have two of them in this boat.  Any ideas??  Thanks!
    • birdguy
      I'm doing a day trip there on Saturday, will post afterwards. I plan to just fish the big basin area humps and points.
    • Poutwhacker
      Just looking for general advice... Taking our grandson on his 1st Rainy Lake boat camping trip, 7/01-7/05. We'll be near Kempton Entrance on the east side. I've been here many times before, but never over the 4th. Plan to target all species, but want 'eyes for supper. Are the walleyes on the reefs yet or still transitioning? Depths? Leeches or minnows? Bass/pike still in shallows? Main goal is to give him some opportunities for some fish. Thanks 'Pout
    • Luttes
      Hay Creek in Red Wing is probably your closest option.  Otherwise the Kinni, Rush, etc, just over the boarder in Wi is a good fishery. 
    • paceman
      I was kind of restless last night so since it was a bit windy I decided to go for a quick trip to a nearby small lake that I rarely go to. Tried lindy rigging leeches but the sunfish were on the chomp! I eventually went to a shallow weed point and marked a bunch of fish. Started pitching small jigs/plastics and absolutely pounded the crappies. I have never in my life caught so many small ones. Lots of 5-7" with the occasional big one 13-14" mixed in... I did not feel like cleaning fish so tossed all back. Should be a phenomenal crappie lake in a couple years...
    • Cheers