Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ricbak

The 2007 season so far!

14 posts in this topic

So how has your 2007 fishing been so far? I am not asking you to give up your favorite lakes or hot spots just wondering how you have been doing with this very windy and unstable weather changes daily that has been kickin our butts. We have actually only had 3 good days of fishing luck around these prairie pot holes of SW Minnesota so far and am hoping for a more stable weather pattern to help us out. Live baits on spinners has been our best bet so far.

Mine started on big Stone. Had a good time. Fishing was tough but we caught a few. I've had a few good days on Sarah, Shetek, and Bloody. I agree, the weather, more like the wind, has been tough to deal with. I have time to let the wind die down, however. I melted a piston on my boat motor Saturday night. Soooooo, I'll be doing an overhaul soon. frown.gif

I have had a great year to date. I have the luxury to fish just about anytime I choose, sooo, the wind doesnt bother me that much.

To date, I have a 11.5# walleye and I also caught my biggest sturgeon at 55.5 inches. my crappie fishing has been a little slow to date but, my cat fishing for channels and flatheads on the river has been good too. The wind doesnt really affect me on the river.

I hope others are having a good start. smile.gif

wow nice walleye harvey you topped my 11lb4oz caught last august. GOOD LUCK FISHING

One gets lucky once in awhile and I sure did on that one.

WOW HL, 11.5!!!!! Nice, very nice!!!

Havent been on the water yet..... in Mn.

Hey reddog with the long weekend coming up are you going to make it out up here? If the weather is a bit more favorable I plan on getting the boat in the water a few extra hours this weekend. catch you later

I've been picking up a few nice walleyes on Lake Okabena in Worthington. Trolling shad raps or casting raps into shorelines. Did real well on spirit lake a few weeks ago. All in all a good start to the season! I wish the wind would stop blowing!

Don't fear Bill, the wind will die down next weekend when the windsurfers get to town, never fails.

Quote:

Don't fear Bill, the wind will die down next weekend when the windsurfers get to town, never fails.

I hope so i find it quite humerous when they all show up on the calmest weekend of the year. grin.gifgrin.gif

I havent been online for awhile but I have been out fishing. Went to Hanska on opener to run the boat for the first time after getting the carbs cleaned. Me and my son caught a few eyes and sunnies.Found out later the eyes were in the creak. Went up to Ottertail the next weekend and did good on Friday,then things went down hill from there. Major rain Friday night,winds kicked up Saturday morning into 30 mph sustained by late afternoon. 4to5 ft rollers put us on the boat lift for the night.Next morning I had to pump out the boat because the winds shifted to our side of the lake during the night to make 7ft rollers. My motor wouldnt start because water came into the tank through the vent on the side of the boat.Ended up towing boat to landing. End of trip.

I didn't know there were any fish left in Okabena, except catfish.

I saw 40 plus keepers caught on opener. Great year so far on Okabena!!!!