Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
parrot

Renting trancheff's cabin, june 2nd-9th, first time on west side!!

9 posts in this topic

Guys week out, gotta love em.. We've made it a tradition for about 8 years now, and were gonna try the west end for the first time. I'm sure as like most years, the walleyes wont be hard to find, but being so far from black bay, the crappies might not be worth the 30-40$ in gas. Lookin at the map, rice bay might be my best option for crappies, unless were too late.....

Cliff-I'm pretty sure U were the guy that gave us a tow to voyager cove, from a I think laura bay, I orred for hours, and I think u saved me from a blistering sunburn.. mid june last year!! big blue lund, with splash guards on the back!! I owe U!

Pat and Ellen will take good care of you. You should be able to find a few crappies just north of the resort or in Bystom Bay which is quite a bit closer than Rice or Black Bays. Watch out, you may catch that Musky Bug that Pat has so bad....

It's opener for muskie, if I remember right, I'm sure I'll try!!

Heard rumor of a good pizza place down the road, do they deliver :-)

They don't deliver anymore.

Don't catch too many fish, they will call the CO on you.

Muskie opener is June 2nd.

Parrot,

I do not think it was me that towed you last year to Voyagers Cove. It could have been though, my memory certainly is not what it used to be! confused.gifgrin.gif

The pizza spot would be the Vermilion Club. Pretty decent pizzas. Sunday or else Monday night is "pizza night" 1/2 price pizzas! laugh.gif

Trancheffs' is a great location for fishing both ends of the lake! Niles Bay, Wolf Bay or most of the bays that are West of Oak Narrows all have a few crappies and some very nice sunfish!

Cliff

darn, pizza delivery woulda been great!!

Thanx, for lettin me know I don't have to drive so far the panfish.

Wonderin if minnows are still workin, I'll definatly stop into the vff for some rainbows, is that the "Y-store"?

Feel free to stop in anytime from the 2nd-9th, plenty of dock space, and beers for ya! Just north of the bridge, If the boats there(red lund pro v, w/ 90hp evi), we're there. We'll tell u fishin spots that have worked, just not our honey hole!! Time it right, and probably a fish fry! Don't worry, I fillet, so NO BONES.

Can't wait to get there!!

The Vermilion food and Fuel is NOT the Y store. It is located in Tower.

Minnows , leeches and even a few caught on crawlers this week!

Cliff