Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bowhunterbrian

Trout on the Fly

5 posts in this topic

I just bought a fly rod and was curious if anyone has done any fly fishing for trout in the St. Cloud area. Let me know if you can help or want to take a newbie out.

I've seen a few ppl fly fishing on the trout streams out by rice. Great area to fish its surrounded by state land.

smoley are you talking about Little Rock creek? I've scoped that out (without a rod) and didn't see any proof of life...but maybe I wasn't looking in the right areas or it has improved recently. I know there has been concern over runoff raising the temp of the water and also silt issues but it would be nice to have a trout stream in the area to fish (especially if they made it C&R only).

I also vaguely remember you mentioning the little stream that runs into the 'Sip by the Rice bridge. Is this fishable? I spose a guy could just wade up it considering the road provides a public access.

Thanks,

SA/wdw

I was refering to the little rock creek. Haven't made it out there this year normally go shortly after trout opener and many trout are visible. Personaly only hooked into one out there, suckers and chubs are very abundant there. As for the one by the rice bridge never fished it. The old man says he caught trout out there but that had to be 25+ years ago. On the Benton side of the river i have fished and you will get suckers and the occasional crappie or eye.

aight thanks for the info man