Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

slick814    0
slick814

Hey guys - spending Memorial at the in-laws in Aitkin this year, and I'm wondering if there's a public access to Pine Lake. I tried it for a bit this last winter, and am hoping to get the boat onto something a little less crowded than the big pond or some of the other area lakes.

Oh... and if there's a fishing report, that'd be awesome... looking for 'Eyes, Crappies, and since season opens on Saturday, Bass would be cool too.. not looking for spots. I'll find 'em if I'm there, but just a general idea of what to expect to be catching.

And directions to the access.....

Or am I better off going to Farm Island or someplace else?

Thanks

Slick814

palisade1kid    0
palisade1kid

So where is the home or what lake are you close to?

Farm Island should be alright for eyes ,but the slot will not let you take many.You'd be better off going to Cedar or Bay.

slick814    0
slick814

They're actually on the Mississippi & 169, closer to Palisade than downtown Aitkin. I just want something easy to access more than anything. Is there one on Pine at all?

Or maybe something McGregor way... guess I hadn't thought of that direction

Bigbartguy    0
Bigbartguy

I'd think about Esquagamah also. I've never fished it but it's very close to that area and I heard is good for eyes.

palisade1kid    0
palisade1kid

now you guys are talking about my primary stomping grounds since I live in Palytown.

Squag does have nice eyes in it ,so does Round but it's been tough .I'm thinking they are ready to turn on with the warm weather and rain we have had.

Sqaug has some great pannie action. Nothing huge ,but eatable and the numbers are there.

iland99    0
iland99

Well, since they're right on the river, and you're interested in easy access, have you thought about fishing the Mississippi? I know it's better later in the year after it drops a bit, but even fishing from shore you should be able to pick up a few walleyes, if the suckers will leave you alone.

PS - I grew up about 3 miles from 169 and the river, on CR1. I wonder if I know your in-laws......

And yeah, if it's panfish you want, Squag is as close to a sure thing as you'll find. Waukenabo is another good panfish lake, and also has some great pike fishing (numbers) if you're into that.

slick814    0
slick814

Thanks guys - I'll give Squag & Round a shot. Any particular bait working better than another, CK? This time of year I'm usually a jiggin' fool, but on a new lake, well, I might be more apt to drag a Lindy or two. CK, you might know the in-laws... mom tends bar in Pally...

Pete - if you grew up there, most likely not. If memory serves, they've only been there 10 years. The river where they're at is still pretty shallow for my boat, and theirs had motor trouble last year. Not sure if it's been fixed or not, as fishing isn't a priority for them like it is for me.

Thanks again for the replies guys - I really appreciate it, and I'll be sure to give you a full report when we get home. If you're out on the water & see an older blue Crestliner with EXPLORER on the side & a 75 hp Evinrude, swing by. I always like to meet new friends from FM!

palisade1kid    0
palisade1kid

Yup I know her.

I know where your at then too.

The river is just right for height,but the skeets are out and they are hungry.

I'm always trolling in that 10-12 FOW with a sassy shad.

united jigsticker    0
united jigsticker

The inlaws...???

Your wife's name isn't Heidi...??? Not a chance.

palisade1kid    0
palisade1kid

Quote:

Thanks guys - I'll give Squag & Round a shot. Any particular bait working better than another, CK? This time of year I'm usually a jiggin' fool,

Some guys are anchoring up in 12 FOW & casting slip bobber working leeches.

iland99    0
iland99

Quote:

The inlaws...???

Your wife's name isn't Heidi...??? Not a chance.

Man, that would be something if it was....Deb (Heidi and Neal's mom) used to babysit me and my brother while my mom worked when we were kids!

slick814    0
slick814

that would be a no..Her name's not Heidi. tongue.gif Like I said before Pete, her mom's only been there aabout 10 years, and my wife's never lived there. I can guarantee that it's not her mom that was babysitting you.

CK - I'll tell her if she see's ya to give you a round on me ! cool.gif

Thanks for the info.... see you all on the water!

grin.gif

palisade1kid    0
palisade1kid

I'm not a drinker anymore.

Thanks anyway!

C'mon up tonight?

I'll be hitting round before dark.

slick814    0
slick814

Not gonna head up tonight.. hoping to avoid the traffic jam I saw today and coming up in the morning. grin.gif

Cool that you've given up the habit. Makes fishin' more fun without it, IMO, anyway. cool.gif

I'll be on Round or Squag tomorrow evening, and then depending on how I do, will make adjustments on which lake for Sunday & Monday... If I see the Grumman, I'll stop by!

slick814    0
slick814

CK - Thanks for the help. Hit Squag on Saturday... wind was wicked, only caught a couple of small slimers, nothing to brag about at all.

Gave Round a try on Sunday, caught a nice sized Pike and 3 decent 'Eyes... let 'em all swim for future days on the lake. Took my daughter & 2 nieces with also, they had fun & enjoyed the lake as well as hooking into a really nice sized Pike and a couple of smaller ones.

Hopefully I'll be able to get on there again in the near future & give a few different techniques & spots a shot. It was hard to fish how I really wanted to with a couple of kids who don't fish much with. Had to make sure that they were having fun first, you know?

Thanks again!

palisade1kid    0
palisade1kid

I hit Round Sun.late eve. Caught 4 nice eaters.

Tossed them back too.

Hit the pond on sat.Caught a few nicer fish.

MallardMarcfishinpics-94.jpg

Hit the riv Mon for a few smallies

Picture003.jpg and we worked some logans for snot rockets.Picture002.jpg Boy did we have a few big ones roll the buzzers ,but no hook ups.