Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hammer Handle

Only allowed one lure, what would it be?

55 posts in this topic

If you wanted to fish walleyes, bass, northerns...or any large game fish (all at once) and were allowed only ONE lure...what would it be??

I would bring a classic Rapala Minnow or a Heddon River Runt as these lures seem to catch all kinds of fish.

3 inch Sassy Shad on a 1/4 oz jig.

Most versitle lure in my bag.

berkley frenzy nbr 7 for me..

Husky Jerk

The one and only orginal floating Rapala.

A worm.

Mepps Marabou #3 white...come to think of it, I hardly even use this one... My most often used lure would still be a floating rap blue minnow #7 - 10 years old and still taking fish...

#5 Shallow Shad Rap in Perch. I have caught more fish on this than anything and it has the tooth marks to prove it grin.gif

I would pick a blue/crome rattle trap. Casts a country mile and can be fished fast or slow.

mr

I'd take up golf with that kind of limitation, but I'll say a 3" white Mr. Twister and a 1/8 ounce jig.

1/8 ounce pink jighead with a 3" white powerbait grub.

"When in doubt, grub it out!"

Very hard, very hard. For those species I'd have to say a hook with a rainbow on it. Call me old fashion but it still catches fish. laugh.gif

Original Floatin Rapala.

I'd go with a Beetle Spin with a white twister tail - preferably Exude.

You've got your spinner and your jig - can be fished fast or slow, and can be worked at a variety of depths.

I've caught walleyes, bass, northerns, trout (both lake and stream), crappies and even whitefish on Beetle Spins.

An M-80 with a treble hook attached! Nah, I'd take a regular ballhead feather jig in the 1/4 ounce size...as it stands, I catch most of my fish on a 1/32 feather jig, everything from sunnies to pike.

For the species listed, a Shad Rap. Color pattern would depend on water color. Expand that to all species and it would be lead head jigs.

Rapala Taildancer TD07 Golden Shiner.

Seems to work amazingly well for me for nearly everything.

Quote:

A worm.

That's not a lure. That is bait.

Quote:

For the species listed, a Shad Rap. Color pattern would depend on water color. Expand that to all species and it would be lead head jigs.

Same to you, smart guy!

I'd have to go with a countdown rapala. If it was going to be my only lure I'd certainly not use a plastic bait because after a few fish the bait would wear out and the tail might come off or get bit off. Nope, good old hard baits for me! Ole Matty, I got your Frenzy #7 from the walleye that bit you off and the lips are still attached to the front treble hook. Good bait but Ilike the versatility of the countdown. My .02.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Pink Leadhead Jigs for me. With some berkely gulp.

1/4 jig with neon green twister tail...never misses! grin.gif

origanal lindy rig

lifetime bags of yakomoto plastic worms and hooks.

1/8th oz unpainted jig and a 3" white Mr.Twister tail...

But aint no way in h e double hockey sticks I will be caught with only one lure in my boat.. LOL